mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Programming “Vocoder Dreamz” into performances…."

Posted on: November 30, 2008 @ 01:58 PM
coyote2677
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-05-2008

For anyone who is experienced with the “Vocoder Dreamz” library for the XS: How would I go about loading individual performances into my XS, rather then loading the entire library at once? Do I need to load all components of the performance i.e. voices, waveforms, drum kits, arpeggios, system settings, etc., or could I just load in the performance of choice and any voices corresponding to that performance? I have experimented a bit but to no avail. Any help is much appreciated. Cheers, Justin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2008 @ 07:22 AM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

Re: Programming “Vocoder Dreamz” into performances

There is no such feature on the XS.  Loading a performance does not load dependent objects like voices and samples.  Patterns and songs have a mix voice function that saves those voices and associated samples with the song.  Unfortunately, the performances don’t have this feature so it will not load associated voices and samples with the performance.  You must instead load an ALL file so that the voices and samples are in the right place.

If you want to organize your performances and keep track of the voices with it, try Total Librarian by John Melas.  This librarian software has dependency tracking for voices to performances so if you move a performance it still stays linked to its voice and vice versa.  You can then dump the edited performance and voice banks back to the XS and save an All file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2008 @ 07:48 AM
Synthgeek
Joined  11-18-2003

The best alternative is to copy your performances to patterns.  This way you can have the patterns load the associated mix voices with samples for each performance set-up. 

Go to Pattern / Mixing / F3 copy / SF3 performance.  This will copy the performance to the pattern mixer.  Now you can store each voice in the pattern mixer as a mix voice ( twice, see below) and then store the pattern.  You can then save an all pattern file to USB just for your performances.

Careful!  When storing Mix voices you must store each voice twice if they contain samples or it will not save an all pattern XOP file to USB properly.  This is due to a bug in the current 1.10 OS

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2008 @ 12:47 PM
Peter Krischker
Total Posts:  181
Joined  12-25-2003

Good idea to copy the performance to pattern.

If you prefer to keep performance mode you must check which user voices are assigned to the performance parts first.
If you load the performance to a different soundset you have to load also the used user voices. After laoding both the performance and the voices you will have to make a re-assignment in the performance parts, if the voices are loaded to different numbers.

Additional you will have to load the arpeggio bank, because the performances are using user arpeggios.

Maybe it is easier to do the procedure descripted by Synthgeek.

Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2008 @ 12:39 PM
coyote2677
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-05-2008

Thanks so much for your help on this matter. Synthgeek, could you go into more detail on how to save the voices in the mixing mode? I know it may be something simple I am overlooking, but I have the performance loaded into the pattern mix, but none of the voice names are showing up in Parts 1-4. Then when I try to save the voices into the mix, they disappear. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, J

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2008 @ 06:24 PM
Synthgeek
Joined  11-18-2003

I’m assuming that you already did the copy performance job and that you are looking at the tracks in pattern play mode.

Simply press Mixing on the front panel. This drops you into the mixing setup for the pattern. There is a distinct difference between the patterns mixer and the pattern sequencer. The mixer handles all sound related parameters like voices in the 16 mixer parts, effects, eq, pan etc.

Next press F6 to enter mixing voice edit (Vce Edit).

Then press Store on the front panel and confirm.

Repeat by pressing F6 to enter voice edit and store the voice again. This is necessary due to the current OS bug.

After storing the mix voice twice, repeat this for each voice in the mix parts for the performance.

Last, press store to store the pattern.

There is one catch. Drum voices can not be stored or edited as mix voices. This is alright if you only use unedited preset drum voices or none at all but presents a big problem if you are using user drums.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Help I’m new
Next Topic:

Short tutorial on GM files ››