mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "working with MO6 and Nuendo"

Posted on: November 30, 2008 @ 08:42 AM
Marcell
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-30-2008

hi, i recently bought a new audio interface (emu 0404) and now i want to set up my mo6 in Nuendo, but i’m a little stuck. I have downloaded and installed Yamaha usb-midi driver, Studio manager, and the mo6 editor. I can load the studio manager in nuendo, and if i add a new midi track i set ‘midi-in’ to my interface, and ‘midi-out’ to mo6/mo8 multi, so he recognizes it but
i hear nothing when i play the MO, anyone know how to pick voices from my mo6 and record them in nuendo as midi tracks? It’s all new stuff im trying so i appreciate all your help.

Marcell

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2008 @ 01:23 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: working with MO6 and Nuendo

Marcell,

it sems you have established a MIDI connection between Nuendo and your MO. Now you need to connect the audio outs of your MO to the inputs on your EMU soundcard.. The audio generated by the MO from the midi information will be coming out of the MO and over to the EMU where it will be converted to digital audio and sent to Nuendo - in Nuendo you will need to make sure the ASIO driver for your EMU card is active.

If you have done all this and still get no sound then how are you listening to what you record in Nuendo?

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2008 @ 07:40 AM
Marcell
Joined  11-30-2008

i have connected the audio-outs of the mo6 to the emu inputs and it’s all working fine i guess, cus i am able to record audio tracks. when i’m playing and recording vst’s with the mo6 it works all fine. but when i’m trying to record mo6 voices in a midi-track in nuendo i still hear no sound though.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2008 @ 07:36 AM
Marcell
Joined  11-30-2008

i’ve noticed that ‘in song mode in mo6’ i can control the mixer/eq settings in the ‘studio editor - part mixer’ in nuendo, but this is only when working in an ‘audio track’. i still hear no sound working in a midi-track. so, is it actually possible to record my mo6 voices as midi notes in nuendo or must i just work in audio-tracks if i want to record the mo??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2008 @ 10:17 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

To get any kind of help with computer related issues, there are just too many things to cover if you do not provide the information about
1) Your computer: Type, Operating System version etc.
2) You software: Nuendo (yes) but what version of Nuendo…
3) USB driver, yes, but which USB-MIDI driver. How can we know it is the right one for you computer, we don’t know your computer type or operating system.
4) Connection to audio - how are you connected to your audio system - where do the L&R outputs of the MO go, and how is your soundcard/interface connected to speakers?

this is critical information to provide any kind of help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2008 @ 11:09 AM
Marcell
Joined  11-30-2008

he Bad_Mister

it’s a customised PC, with a ‘intel core 2 duo 3gig’ processor,
4gig internal memory, Operating system is Windows XP (service pack 2).

i’ve got a ‘E-MU 0404’ audio interface, i installed ‘yamaha usb-midi driver 2.2.3’, ‘yamaha studio manager 2.3’, ‘Mo6/Mo8 multipart editor’ and ‘Nuendo 3.2’.

i’ve connected the L+R outputs of the Mo6 to the Line input of my audio interface, and the Outputs of my interface to an Amplifier with speakers.

Marcell

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2008 @ 11:01 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

You may want to post your question under the Steinberg Forum heading here on the site simply because your question seems to be about the Emu0404, you may find some other users familiar with configuring it to work.

I do not know what driver it uses but you need to select it on the Nuendo VST Audio System page…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2008 @ 06:45 AM
Marcell
Joined  11-30-2008

all my drivers work fine cus i am able to record audio and midi (when working with plugins with mo6 as midi-controller), but its just that i need to know what i have to do in order to play/record my mo6 voices as midi-notes in a midi track?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2008 @ 09:00 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

In Devices > DEVICE SETUP
Make sure that in the MIDI > MIDI PORT SETUP option - that in the column to the far right “IN ALL INPUTS” that only the MIDI controller’s port is marked. For example, the MO is going to be Yamaha USB-MIDI driver port 1. No other item should be marked in that last column, except the MIDI port that is sending NOTE-ON information to Nuendo.

On the main Track View screen ADD a “MIDI Track”
You can right click or go to PROJECT > ADD TRACK > MIDI

The Track Inspector should have a place for INPUT and a target for OUTPUT… These should reflect the Ports that feed the MO.

The default is usually ALL INPUTS (that is why you only want controllers setup in the IN ALL INPUTS column.

The MIDI Track OUTPUT port is going to be again PORT 1 on the Yamaha USB Driver.

In the MO you can set LOCAL CONTROL to OFF
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5] MIDI
Press [SF2] SWITCH
Set Local Control = OFF
This means that key presses of the MO will go OUT via MIDI first (before triggering the local tone generator) they will arrive at the currently active track in Nuendo and be echo’d back to MO on the MIDI channel set for the currently selected track.

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 05:42 AM
Marcell
Joined  11-30-2008

he Bad Mister. a bit late reply cus my computer crashed, but now it’s all running again and i did what you desribed and i can record my mo6 voices in midi-tracks in nuendo now, Thanks!!

there’s only one thing, whenever im working with the mo6 in nuendo i hear a very short noise, its a noisy crackle that just pops up once in a while. it doenst occure when i work with plugins, only when working with the mo6, when the sound of the audio track in nuendo is on. so i guess it has got to do something with my audio-in. it occures just randomly, when i’m playing the mo6, in playback, or just doing nothing. i looked trough the Device connections and Device setup options but couldnt find anything to solve this, so i will have to try further to find the problem.
anyway
Thanx for your all your comments and I just try some more see if i can get rid of this nasty crackle.

Marcell

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2009 @ 10:54 AM
Marcell
Joined  11-30-2008

Output Bus

hello i got a question, I recorded stuff from my mo6 into midi-notes in nuendo midi tracks, and i hear the sound through a audio-track, so if i use vst-ffx it will effect all midi-tracks. but i want my kick, clap etc. all to go through different audio tracks. i set up multiple audio output-busses but how do i assign them to midi-tracks??

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Weird situations in 16g’s effect box
Next Topic:

mLan wordclock master and root device ››