mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Studio Manager: connection is not established"

Posted on: November 29, 2008 @ 08:19 PM
joek1000
Total Posts:  12
Joined  04-23-2005

Hi,

SM 2.3.8
MIDI driver 2.2.3
Windows XP SP2

I read an earlier post on page 10 and tried some of that advice with no change. I’m running Studio Manager standalone.

In the MIDI driver window (from the Windows control panel). I have the first two boxes with diagonal selections top left to bottom right. The third box on the right has no checks. I never see 3 in the center blinking. Only 1.

I also went in and deleted all but the first MIDI entry in regedit. I had to uninstall and reinstall the TYamaha MIDI driver after that but its back to where it was with no change. I had never gotten to midi9 so that probably wasn’t my problem anyways..

In the Studio Manager Setup I have XS-1 and XS-4 selected for Input Port and XS-1, XS-2, XS-3, and XS-4 selected for Output ports.

In the SM Setup dialog I’m using USB and have Port 1 set to XS-1 and have port 4 as both XS-4.

when I click “Offline” and then click the Start button I get a timeout.error in the box going from the XS to the PC. Going from the PC to XS it just hangs there and never finishes.

When I click Bulk > Data Sync I see “Connection is not established”.

Help! I’m usually sort of good at these things ;-) All I want to do is to load the Vimntage Keys into the XS.

Thanks in advance,
Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2008 @ 08:28 PM
joek1000
Joined  04-23-2005

Re: Studio Manager: connection is not established

I should mention that I am only able to play the keyboard in the Studio Manager UI using the currently selected patch on the XS. I can’t do any other communication with the XS.

Thanks,
Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2008 @ 03:56 AM
claudio
Total Posts:  22
Joined  11-20-2005

Look at this

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2008 @ 04:43 AM
joek1000
Joined  04-23-2005

Thanks Claudio,

I do have my ports set up the way it shows in the screenshot. I’m not connecting a keyboard now to try and keep things simple.

I always see OFFLINE on the SM display which makes me think I’ve got something very fundamentally wrong. in the setup. I’ve got the Motif XS set to transmit MIDI on USB and I have the MIDI channel correct (transmitting and receiving on channel 1)

Are there other settings I should be using on the Motif XS itself?

The Vintage Keys doc says to “Change the mode to the Voice mode by clicking the [Voice] inidcation at the top left of the display. I don’t see a place to do this. I’m assuming it means the SM display but I don’t see it.

Thanks,
Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2008 @ 11:30 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry, it is not clear if you have a Motif XS or a Motif Rack XS. You posted in the Motif Rack XS forum, but in your post you mention Motif XS.

As strange as it seems more than one person has confused the two… /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=
the Motif XS is the one with the keys....! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Assuming you have the Motif-Rack XS and the Motif-Rack XS Editor, the blinking “3” would only be blinking if you have a MIDI device, like a keyboard, plugged into the 5-pin MIDI IN jack on the back panel of the unit. This would indicate communication between the that device and the computer on PORT 3. The Motif-Rack XS can act as a MIDI interface for 1 external device connected to its 5-pin MIDI ports. The internal Rack XS uses port 1, the external device would be port 3.

Port 2 (remote) is not used in the Rack XS.

Make sure your Motif-Rack XS is set to MIDI IN/OUT = USB
Press [UTILITY]
Select “MIDI”
Press [ENTER]
Set the MIDI IN/OUT = USB
Press [STORE] to write this to your units FLASH ROM.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2008 @ 02:11 PM
joek1000
Joined  04-23-2005

Thanks for the Help. All I want to do is move the Vintage Keys voices onto the XS Rack. Do need to set up a keyboard to do that?

Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2008 @ 03:28 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

All I want to do is move the Vintage Keys voices onto the XS Rack. Do need to set up a keyboard to do that?

No, but you do if you want to play them. Not sure what your final goal is.

You use the Motif-Rack XS Editor to IMPORT the Voices from the Vintage Keys library.

Shown below:
Click FILE
Select IMPORT…
Set the File Type = Motif XS ALL (.x0a)
Navigate to the “VintageKeysXS.X0A” file

As you can see I’m ready to import the Normal User 3 (that’s where Dave placed the 128 Vintage Key Voices) to Normal User 1.

The column on the left is the FILE
The column on the right is the internal Motif Rack XS

http://files.keyfax.com/forums/user-files/429310-ImportXSALL.JPG

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2008 @ 04:04 PM
joek1000
Joined  04-23-2005

Hi,

I’m using the computer to just transfer the voices. Then I will take the rack down to my rig and hook it back up.to the keyboards. This computer thing is a once in 6 months adventure. and this is the first time with the Rack XS.

My main problem is that I get a “connection not established” error when I look at the Data Sync dialog box. Also, when I click on OK in the SM Setup dialog box I get “Time Out Error” when I’m trying to go from the rack to the computer. Going from the computer to the rack just sits there and does nothing.

I can import the Vintage Keys file OK but when I go to import it, the info on the right side changes but the voices never get to the rack.

Thanks,
Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2008 @ 06:04 PM
joek1000
Joined  04-23-2005

Just wanted to report back that I got it sorted out. The USB connection on my laptop has never ben that great to begin with so I decided it might be the computer and not the nut that holds the wheel..

I connected my wife’s Power Mac, loaded the software and had the files transferred within a half hour.

Thanks for your help,
Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2008 @ 06:05 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

The Voices never get to the Rack XS because the connection is not establish (surely you understand that in order to transfer the Voice you have to establish that connection).

It is not really clear what part of all this you are missing but you must establish the connection and bring the Editor “ONLINE” before you can successfully bulk the Voices to the Rack XS.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ mLAN device not assigned
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››