mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG 150-AP piano sound better than S 700 ?"

Posted on: November 29, 2008 @ 01:19 AM
tonilou
Total Posts:  37
Joined  11-11-2006

Hi guys,
I know a number of subjective appreciation have been posted on the yamaha accoustic pianos . I am the owner of a S90 and had the opportunity to compare the piano sound with that of the s90 ES and PLG 150PF. Clearly to my ears the S90 ES sound much more accurate that S90 and the latter clearly better than than that of the PLG 150PF. If someone shares my appreciation, could he tell me more about the piano of the PLG 150-AP ? I am looking for the best we can get, staying as far as possible on the S90…
Thanks in anticipation

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2008 @ 06:00 AM
ksounds
Total Posts:  670
Joined  05-06-2004

Re: PLG 150-AP piano sound better than S 700 ?

Staying on the original S90, your options are editing the built-in voices (or programming from scratch), adding the PF board, and adding the AP board. Loading sample libraries isn’t supported on the S90 (or S90 ES). The PF board sounds extremely similar to the PowerGrand already on the S90, so unless you need more polyphony, that probably won’t have much impact on your sound. If you like the warmer piano sounds of the Motif ES or some of Yamaha’s stage pianos, the AP board will give you a similar basic tone quality but not identical samples.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2008 @ 07:25 AM
tonilou
Total Posts:  37
Joined  11-11-2006

Re: PLG 150-AP piano sound better than S 700 ?

OK thanks for your advice. Best

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Headworn microphone for PLG
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››