mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Trouble with the MultiPart Editor (and other editors..)"

Posted on: November 26, 2008 @ 12:22 PM
lacifer
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-26-2008

Hello motifators..

I`ve been using the Motif Rack for a couple of years, both live and in studio. For live use I sometimes make pretty complex splits and layers, and programming on such a little display and few buttons can be a bit anoying. So I finally downloaded and installed the editor, hoping this would make things easier.

The problem is, I couldn`t find a way to play the Multi I was editing, no way to route my masterkeyboards to the Motif Rack. There is the audition function, but that wont help if you need to check out all the splits and layers.

I use an 8 port midi interface, so at first I thought it would be an easy task with routing in the editor.

I recently tried the Midi Quest editor, thinking it maybe had better routing possibilities, but again… just the audition function…

I just cant understand why there isn`t a master midi input in these editors, especially for Rack synths. (I guess on keyboard synths you could just leave local on..)

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Lasse FinbrÄten

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2008 @ 12:56 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Trouble with the MultiPart Editor (and other editors..)

For help with any computer based question, please include your computer type, and operating system, along with the version of the Studio Manager and the particular Editor you are asking about. It really helps in solving your issue.

You can setup a MIDI THRU so that you can play the Multi you are editing. This can be done either in your MIDI interface (you are not using the USB-MIDI function of the Motif-Rack so we cannot advise you on your particular MIDI interface)… if it is not able to do this, then you can usually do it in the Studio Manager (but again we would need to know your version).

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ "Intelligent" MIDI Keyboard
Next Topic:

Motif Rack OS Update and Multi Part Editor ››