mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Autopan LFO speed?"

Posted on: November 24, 2008 @ 05:04 PM
darkstar_outcast
Total Posts:  250
Joined  02-20-2008

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to know how to make autopan in rhytm of the song?What does LFO SPEED in KHZ means?How can I tell how much KHZ I need for tempo 100 bpm,4/4 ?

Thanks,
Best regards

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2008 @ 12:23 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Autopan LFO speed?

AUTO PAN LFO Speed is listed in Hertz (Hz), not KiloHertz (kHz). Hertz translates to number of times per second. Cycles per second.

Times for panning will be approximate since all values are not available.

A setting of 1.01Hz would mean that approximately every second the pan would make one complete L-R cycle (that is left to right and back). This would sound like the left-right-left-right pulse count to four as if it were 120 beats per minute. As 120 beats per minute is two beats per second - the signal would reach far left twice per second.

If you set the LFO Speed to 1.01 and set the tempo to 60bpm then the signal would be all the way left approximate once per second.

Not knowing what effect you want - you can figure it out from there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 11:52 AM
darkstar_outcast
Joined  02-20-2008

Hello,

I understand what you told,but is there any way that you can implement BPM count in autopan effect?For example,I want to have rhodes to autopan in sync with tempo,or some pad to autopan in tempo of song.I don’t want to calculate,I want to play it.

If this is not possible,what is the math for different bpm’s.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 04:17 PM
darkstar_outcast
Joined  02-20-2008

bad_Mister ,

Maybe I understood you wrong.You said IF YOU SET TEMPO TO 60…

This means that when I set tempo of song,autopan will work IN THE TEMPO,but HZ will determine how it will work inside tempo ?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 05:53 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

No, before there were tempo synchronized effects (and when no synchronization exists) we used to use mathematics… 1 cycle per second would give you 60 cycles in a minute… 2 cycles per second would give you 120 cycles in a minute.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 05:54 AM
darkstar_outcast
Joined  02-20-2008

Is there any chance for future OS to make things modern /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= ?

To make autopan tempo synchronized?

for example,if bpm is 90,settings for now would be 1.5 HZ,right?To be in sync?

Thanks,
best regards

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 07:00 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Modern? Ha…

Rather than waiting for an Operating System change (which is unlikely in this case) why not use one of the “modern” effects that are tempo synchronized for your autopan effect.

Once you spend some more time with the Effects available in the XS you will find some of the more “modern” types in the TECH category (TECH is short for high technology, Techno or another word for “modern")
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

We are not sure what you are after but since you used the word “modern”, try the INSERTION EFFECT called “SLICE” in the TECH Category.

This effect offers you 10 different PAN TYPES and 5 different PAN EG TYPES; all can be synchronized to the TEMPO.

There are even 4 different Presets to give you an idea of what is possible with this “modern” wrinkle on the “old” Autopan.

Let us know what you come up. Hope that helps /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ prophet 08 with Motif
Next Topic:

What’s New... ››