mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Stopping and Starting Arps"

Posted on: November 24, 2008 @ 01:50 PM
markno999
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-23-2006

Sorry if this question has been answered a million times already, searched through the forums and didn’t find anything similar.  I purchased the PGL-AN which comes with a number of classic synth sounds, i.e.  Baba O’Reilly (the Who, commonly referred to as Teenage Wasteland).  In Performance mode when you hit a note the Arp starts playing and repeats ad infinitum.  I would like to know how to send a trigger from my MIDI keyboard to stop the ARP manually.  Right now I just switch to a different preset to turn it off but that isn’t very graceful method.  Thanks......

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2008 @ 08:21 AM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Re: Stopping and Starting Arps

I don’t know if this can be done by hitting a “key”, but it “can” be done with a footswitch (FC 5).

I use the Footswitch to Start and Stop like a Drum Machine for Pattern Play. You can do something similar with the Footswitch for Arps in a Performance.

In UTILITY Mode Press
CTL ASN [F4] then Press
FT SW [SF3]
In the FS go to 96 [ARP Sw]
Press STORE and you will now be able to turn the Arp OFF from the Switch.

Here’s the “glitch”.
You can’t turn the Arp ON from the switch,but when you Press the switch it will “re-engage” the Arp so that when you start to “play” again, the Arp will kick in when you hit the keys.

Another glitch (which is a problem for me),is you can’t assign the Footswitch to trigger Pattern Play “Start/Stop” (unless you have an XS) as well as an Arp.

In the future, let us know which instrument you are working with. You can put it in your profile on your “Home” page.
Hope this helps.....Good Luck

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2008 @ 12:27 PM
markno999
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-23-2006

Re: Stopping and Starting Arps

I am using my Motif Rack ES with the StudioLogic VMK-188 Plus which has a bunch of programmable sliders, buttons, so I thought maybe I could program one of them to send a stop arp message to the Motif.

Thanks, I’ll give your suggestion a try. 

Regards

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Help with drum arps.
Next Topic:

ARP Control in DreamGrand Performance ››