mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif ES multipart editor can’t be deleted."

Posted on: November 23, 2008 @ 11:42 PM
aviv
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-17-2008

Hei,

I was installing multi part editor and then try to delet it in order to install the new version from the net (it said you need to delete the older one first). But the wizard is not deleting it, it’s still on the list of programs. I managed to delete voice editor though.

Any help?

Also, maybe I should ask at the same time, when I use the sequencer and change voices when a loop is played back the timing is unstable. Is it normal, or? It makes playing real time impossible.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2008 @ 01:53 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36648
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Motif ES multipart editor can’t be deleted.

Welcome to the forum. For help with any computer related problem it is helpful to know what type of computer you are using and what operatingy system you are running on that computer.

In general though when you attempt to install a new version of the Editor it will let you select uninstall or remove the older version… but it too would depend on the version you are attempting to uninstall… You give us no information on this at all.

If a Program Change event is placed on the same clock tick that music is asked to sound, quite naturally you will hear it happen. The secret is to place Program Change events where a musician could actually change instruments… where it is musically feasible.

Placing Program Changes in looping Sections - is not recommended any way, it is asking for trouble. You don’t give us much detail here either but perhaps you should wait until you convert the looping section to a linear song.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2008 @ 12:55 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-19-2007

When it is said to “delete” previous version it’s mean that you should uninstall previous version of program (if you have MS Windows: Control panel, Add/Remove programs). Some programs still leave some files after uninstalling, like links on Start/All Programs (again if you use Windows). It is not a problem since shortcut will point to the same name and it is usuall that newer version is placed in the same folder. Again, you should say exactly what OS on computer you are using.
Another question about sequencer: You didn’t specify did you mean ES built in sequencer or DAW on your computer? If you mean DAW than you probably are using built-in sound card. Anyway, if you want to find answer on the forum you should be more specific when you place a post.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2008 @ 10:02 PM
aviv
Joined  11-17-2008

Hi, Sorry about delay.

My pc is a desktop Fujitsu siemens scaleo H with Windows xp (media center).
I was installing the original cd rom editos and sq 01. Then realised that I need to uninstall the older versions and didn’t know that by installing the new ones it might uninstall the old ones.
So I manually tries to delete them using Control panel, Add/Remove programs.

Now I have on my pc’s
C:\Program Files\YAMAHA\OPT Tools, which contains MIDI setup (1.78 Mb), Voice editor for motif es (1.01Mb) and multipart editor for motif es (26.4 Mb).
And
C:\Program Files\YAMAHA\SOL Common, which contain audio mixer (0b) and Synthrack (0b).
So, I guess for some reason the editors are still there and the SQ01 is gone.

Shall I try to install the new versions of the editors and sq01?
Or do I need to install first the old version of SQ01?
And what about the usb driver? I didn’t uninstall it yet. Should I? It was not on the above Yamaha folder, where shall I find it?

About the squencer. I am using the internal seq. In pattern mode, when I play back a track and move to another track to choose another voice, whenever I change the voice (either with the dail log or with the up/down knobs) there’s a disturbance in the click tempo, irregularity.  The disturbance occur only when the voice is changed and then.
I would like to be able to play in a pattern mode when performing, so I will have 16 different tracks to play from. This without having changes in tempo. I didn’t use Song mode yet. I was trying to focus first on Pattern. Does this peroblem doesn’t happen in Song mode?

Thanks a lot.

Aviv

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2008 @ 04:16 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-19-2007

I’m not 100% sure, but I think that I have read somewhere that Win Media center is not perfect sollution for your needs (music production). I suggest you Win XP Pro with SP2.
About program versions: if you uninstall old version or you didn’t have it yet installed, you could proceede to newer version.
MIDI USB driver is in MIDI setup and some part in Windows\system32 folder.
Changing voices during playback is not recomended in such a way. You should save your mix (you have 16 different parts/voices). Than you could change voices during playback using Track select button without interruption.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 08, 2008 @ 07:40 PM
aviv
Joined  11-17-2008

Hei

Thanks,

I was reinstalling all the programs. The only problem is with the voice editor. The wizard asked me to uninstall the original and I did so. But then when downloaded the new version from the net it installed only the pdf file of the manual! What should I do?
It seems like the voice editor update needs the old program afterall.

When I tried updating the old editor the wizard asked for options: modify, repair, or remove which one should I choose?
Thanks,

Aviv

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 08, 2008 @ 08:44 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-19-2007

To be sure that everything will be correct, you should select remove option and than install newest one. I’m using Voice Editor 2.20 and it works perfect on my laptop (Acer 5310 with MS Windows XP Pro SP2). I have used this link: [url=http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/motif_series/mesv220w.zip]http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/motif_series/mesv220w.zip [/url]

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2008 @ 07:34 PM
aviv
Joined  11-17-2008

Dear Alex.
Thaks again. The new version was installed actually, just that it is inside the SQ 01. In the plug in window.
How can I make it stand alone program? I have the multipart editor as a stand alone and also in the plug in’s window of the SQ01.

And one more question, can I use plug in programs (I have swar plug) with the SQ 01 without having the studio manager installed?

Thanks,

Aviv

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2008 @ 08:52 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-19-2007

Studio Manager is standalone program. You should call all your software like Multi-Part Editor, Voice Editor and plug-in boards (if any) editors through Studio Manager. That is answer to your another question. Yes, you should have SM installed in order to work with plug-in programs through SQ01 (or other DAW). But, you should use plug-in editors as standalone programs while you are in voice mode on ES.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2008 @ 06:18 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36648
Joined  07-30-2002

The new Multi-Part Editor for the ES and the Voice Editor for the ES must run inside of Studio Manager. They will not launch without Studio Manager… it is the host application. There is one exception, however…

It is not clear to me if you are or are not using SQ01v2… if you are using SQ01v2, it can be the host application for the Motif ES Editors… and there would be no need to run STUDIO MANAGER in that one instance. As what is STUDIO MANAGER does is already built-in to the Yamaha sequencer program SQ01v2

So while it only appears that the PDF installed, this is if you are looking for the Multi-Part Editor as a program… remember it cannot launch until you have an application to host it. A host application is either the Studio Manager… or if you are using SQ01, it can be SQ01 that acts as the host. 

But Studio Manager gives Windows and Macintosh DAW programs the same functionality that SQ01 had since the late 1990’s - that is, the ability to control, manage, edit and store all the settings for your associated hardware synthesizers while running your computer sequencer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 11, 2008 @ 06:47 AM
aviv
Joined  11-17-2008

Thank you bad mister and Alex!

And Happy new year!

Aviv

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Need help setting up new FC7 foot controller pedal
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››