mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Synchronise tracks from Motif onto AW16G"

Posted on: November 23, 2008 @ 12:14 PM
dawnrun
Total Posts:  26
Joined  07-27-2008

Hi there

Can anyone help me please with the job of taking a finished song from my Motif 8 Classic (7 tracks lets say) and recording each individual track one by one onto the AW16G so that they are synchronised. So for example I would manually record the drum track onto Track 1 of the AW16G. But then when I want to record the next 6 tracks one by one I will need to ensure the synth track 1 starts in the right place to record alongside the drum track, and so on till the 7 tracks are loaded on the AW16G, play in time and are ready to start polishing up with some production.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2008 @ 12:34 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: Synchronise tracks from Motif onto AW16G

If you do a search on the forum you will find many posts, particularly in the Motif Studio section or over at [url=http://www.awinspire.com]http://www.awinspire.com [/url] which are regarding the synchronisation of these two machines (and others)
It can be achieved so that when you press record on the AW the Motif plays back. You just need to make sure that the relevant tracks are muted in order to catch each track separately.

The Motif sync settings are explained on page 258 of the manual. Utility/midi/sync is how to get there on the Motif itself.

On the AW I am not sure where you will find similar settings, but rest assured they are there (I use an AW4416 and its menus are more expansive than the 16g so I can’t really give you a more precise pointer)

Last thought is that for this to work you do need a MIDI connection from the MIDI OUT of the AW to the MIDI IN of the Motif in order to carry the Sync data.

Hope you get ssorted soon - post up if you need some more help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2008 @ 06:58 AM
dawnrun
Total Posts:  26
Joined  07-27-2008

Re: Synchronise tracks from Motif onto AW16G

As always, many thanks for your help Wellie, much appreciated!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Which Headphones?
Next Topic:

newbie needs help recording to Win XP ››