mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "saving data"

Posted on: November 23, 2008 @ 12:14 PM
Razorblade
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-09-2008

a question.. If I want to save a custom sound, or a song on the mo, will it still be there the next time i turn it on? because I think I’ve read in the manual that you have to save your data on to a usb card or else it will be deleted

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2008 @ 07:05 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: saving data

The Sequencer of the MO is volatile - this means that it will disapper when you power down. This is similar to working with your computer… you are working in volatile RAM, if you do not save your data before you power down the computer whatever you were working on is gone.

Get a USB stick or USB Drive to make a backup of your data.

You can have the MO Load that data everytime you turn it ON if you wish by creating what is appropriately called an AUTO LOAD file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2008 @ 07:34 AM
Razorblade
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-09-2008

does the same go for the created sounds ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2008 @ 08:08 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

No. The sounds (VOICES) are stored in a different type of memory called Flash ROM. This is memory that stays put when the power is turned off, and can be written to by the user.

See the Owner’s Manual pages 149 and 150 for explanations of the types of memory and what they mean.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New Yamaha MO6 blog
Next Topic:

MO and Motif ES compatibility ››