mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Which Headphones?"

Posted on: November 23, 2008 @ 04:38 AM
dawnrun
Total Posts:  26
Joined  07-27-2008

As per my other post I bought an AW16G to record my songs from my Motif 8 Classic last month. I have been struggling through with an old set of Phillps Wireless Headphones - rubbish!!!!

Can anyone please recommend the best set of cans (not wirless!!!) for a budget of say £20-£30 max - I have checked out Ebay and they do Sennheiser ones for £17.95 (HD201 I think.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Many thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2008 @ 12:38 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: Which Headphones?

I found a pair of AKG K55 s to be quite reasonable in tone and are at a similar price bracket - got mine from Rose Morris on line (http://www.rosemorris.com), though Digital Village may also be a great place to hunt (http://www.dv247.co.uk)

Of course the sennheisers that were recommended by Sound on sound are the ones which cost about £250 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= That said, for many years I worked with HD480classics - they sounded great.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2008 @ 06:57 AM
dawnrun
Total Posts:  26
Joined  07-27-2008

Thanks Wellie much appreciated, I will go for them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2008 @ 10:12 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Don’t go just on my recommend - go somewhere that you can try them and maybe some similar priced Beyers and maybe some audio technicas out. Find the ones that sound most useful to you.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recording a separate mix to the FOH???
Next Topic:

Synchronise tracks from Motif onto AW16G ››