mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need help setting up new FC7 foot controller pedal"

Posted on: November 22, 2008 @ 10:17 AM
tnovak
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-23-2005

I recently added a FC7 expression pedal for volume control. Plugged it into “Foot Controller jack #1”. Works perfectly. Now I want to add another pedal into jack #2 to control the modulation effect. I can’t figure out how to set up and program jack #2 for this function. Any recommendations for how to get this done?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2008 @ 11:21 AM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Re: Need help setting up new FC7 foot controller pedal

Two basic ways to get this done. If you want to make a global setting that effects all voices in the same way, then you want to make a change in the Utility settings:

Utility
F3 Voice
SF4 ctlasn (controller assignment)
On the right you see the FC1 sand FC2. Simply tab over to FC2 and use the rotary dial to change that to 01 MW.
If you want to retain this setting after a power cycle, press Store > Enter > Yes

Now to make this this change at the voice level, first select a voice. Let’s pick Pre1 B1, 80s Layer. On this voice, the Mod wheel is set to control chorus.

With the voice selected, press..
Edit
On the right, press the Drum Kits / Favorites button to be sure you are in the Common Edit mode
Press F4 CTLSET (Controller Setting)
You will see three control sets: 1/2, 3/4 ,5/6
Press the SF1 to view the details for control set 1/2. Here you will see that the source is set to the Mod wheel (MW). As before, you can change this to be FC2 if you like.
Any changes you make here require that you save them before changing to another voice. TO do this requires that you save the voice as a USER voice in one of the 2 USER banks.

To do this, Press…
Store
Pick a location
Press Enter…
Press Yes…

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ EMERGENCY Please help ASAP USB won’t work!
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››