mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Assign 1 & 2 control knobs"

Posted on: November 21, 2008 @ 09:11 AM
wilky
Total Posts:  9
Joined  10-29-2008

Hi
can anyone please give me an example of how to change the funtions to the assign control knobs and what can be assigned to them. Eg. pitch bend . I have altered the control and function number setting but this does not seem to alter the default settings of EQ5 Gain and E level.

Thanks Wilky

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2008 @ 10:06 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Assign 1 & 2 control knobs

On page 53 of the DATA LIST booklet you will find the list of possible destinations for a Controller Set

You can view these in the front panel as follows:
From VOICE mode
Press [EDIT]
Select “Controller”
Press [ENTER]
There are four pages in this area (indicated by the 1/4 in the corner) 1 of 4, 2 of 4, 3 of 4, and 4 of 4. Use the DOWN Cursor arrow to move through them
Pages 2, 3 and 4 will give you access to the six Controller Setups… For example, let’s look at FULL CONCERT GRAND:

Control Set 2: When you select AS1 it is assigned to “insA EQ5 Gain” - this translates to INSERTION EFFECT ‘A’ which is the VCM EQ 501 - the 5th Band which is High Frequency Shelving Gain… so you are equalizing the High Frequency band of the EQ assigned to the piano

Control Set 3: When you select AS2 it is assigned to “E-level” - this translates to Element Level. And in the case of this Voice is the output of Element 8, the KEY OFF sound.

Within each Control Set you can select a SOURCE (a controller), a DESTINATION (a parameter), a DEPTH (how much and what direction the controller will control).

To get a translation of all the parameters and what they mean you will want to get the DATA LIST booklet and look through the different INSERTION EFFECT parameters. Not all parameters are available for real time control… those that would be musically useful, however, can be assigned within a Voice’s Control Set.

Some parameters affect the entire Voice (like the control set controlling the Voice’s EQ high freq Gain) and others are assignable on a per Element basis - you can do this with the help of the Motif Rack XS Editor (available for free download).

Shown below is the Control Set of the Full Concert Grand piano sound;

http://files.keyfax.com/forums/user-files/428027-ControlSet.JPG

The six graphs indicate the depth and direction of controller movement and parameter response.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2008 @ 11:00 AM
wilky
Total Posts:  9
Joined  10-29-2008

Re: Assign 1 & 2 control knobs

Thanks Bad Mister for your prompt and detailed response.

I keep forgetting about the data manual.
Anyway your explanation makes it simple to understand .
I am new to this sort of equipment and I realise that because of all the hunderds of possibilitys the answer is not always obvious.

Thanks again Wilky

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using Rack XS Multi’s
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››