mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "¿Is MO8 a good option to begin to play music?"

Posted on: November 20, 2008 @ 05:36 AM
drotulo@adinet.com.uy
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-15-2008

Hi!!I am Daniel and live in Uruguay (south america).

I had a Rhodes 15 years ago but then I did not buy another keyboard.

I don t have any keyboard now.
I am 50 years old and I am thinking to buy a good keyboard to produce music: I like pop, jazz, gospel,
and latin music rythms (bossa nova).

I want to produce my own music and record them,
to play on stage. 

I am thinking on buying a workstation that could be
pretty good to these conditions.
So I think that Yamaha Motif is an excellent option!

My problem is that XS is very expensive for me in this moment here in Uruguay: about U$ 4.500!

I need a hammer action key

So, I think that MO8 would be a good model to return to
play music.

Here it s about U$ 2.500 and is coming up on december.

I have heard youtube and another MO8 demos, I have learn another posts in this forum…

I like the (demos) sounds very much but I need to play on it…

I just want to know what do you think about MO8 like an initial option keyboard…

Do you think it would be a good keyboard in my
actual condition?? (I have not played my own keyboard from 15 years ago...)

What other advantages and disadvantages does MO8 have?

Is it a good step to buy then the top of line yamaha workstation??

I would be very thankfull if you can help me with your advice please…

Are other yamaha keyboard options that would be better??

It would be very, very important for me to hear your opinions before taking my decision on next december. 

Thanks a lot!!

Daniel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2008 @ 03:16 PM
adallas
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-21-2008

Re: ¿Is MO8 a good option to begin to play music?

Daniel,

I just bought a MO6 because I decided that I didn’t need hammer action keys. It’s really, really complicated (and the MO6 is identical to the MO8 except for the keyboard). I’m 51 and I’m looking forward to the challenge of learning, but if you want faster results, you might consider the MM8. I decided it wasn’t challenging enough, but I understand that it has a lot of the Motif sounds and hammer-action keys.  The MM8 was priced at about the same as the MO6 here in California--US$ 1000.

Good luck!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2008 @ 07:35 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

Re: ¿Is MO8 a good option to begin to play music?

I had an Alesis Fusion which has really rich sounds. I traded it in for a mo6 because the Fusion was unreliable. Yamaha is very reliable.

The voices seemed a little lack luster compared to the Fusion at first but I came to appreciate the sound of the mo voices in the mix. They really work together to make music. The mo is made for music production and it’s real easy to generate the sounds of a complete band quick, good for sketching out ideas.

The arpeggios was the most surprising feature of the mo for me. It’s hard to describe the value of the arps until you start using them.

While it would be nice to have an XS the mo would be a good choice if you can’t afford the XS.

Also the learning curve for the mo is steep enough and the XS looks to be that much more complicated, the mo could be a stepping stone to an XS.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MO-8 Hammond B3 voice
Next Topic:

MO and Motif ES compatibility ››