mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "am I wrong or the new MotifSE hasn’t DigitalOutput"

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 11:05 AM
Asthenia
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-12-2002

???

It’s odd.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 02:44 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Re: am I wrong or the new MotifSE hasn’t DigitalOutput

The ES does not havea digital output.  However the new mLAN 16E board will provide greatly improved computer connectivity at a great reduced price. we believe that the street price for an mLAN 16 E will be under $300 and allow multi channel 96k audio and mutli port MIDI over mLAN.

In our research , many people never used the digital out on the Motif, and those who did really wanted more then 2 channels.  We think that the way to connect the ES to the computer will be via mLAN.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 03:02 PM
Asthenia
Joined  12-12-2002

300usd?? well that is a reasonable price compared with the very expensive mLAN8E $559.95

[url=http://www.8thstreet.com/product.asp?ProductCode=20391&Category=Recording_Accessories]http://www.8thstreet.com/product.asp?ProductCode=20391&Category=Recording_Accessories [/url]

Good News.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 04:55 PM
Jimstang
Total Posts:  2431
Joined  07-25-2002

Really???

From what I can tell nearly everyone that I talk to that uses it in a home studio connection to the puter through digital in.

That’s the only way a guy can get a passable input on a cheap sound card!!!!!

That may make my AIEB2 card easy to sell when I get the MLan to go with my 01X.  I only have som much money in my pockets and I think the 01X is a smarter buy for me. That and Puter software.  I’m not gigging and my puter is pretty darned good.  I can then use a soft sampler or Giga for some REALLY good samples.

Jim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 10:16 PM
bob_lowen
Joined  07-03-2003

Re: am I wrong or the new MotifSE hasn’t DigitalOu

Hi all,

I’m one of those people who is eagerly waiting for a good soluton to this really unnecessary extra AD/DA conversion when working in a studio. I find it really is a great pity to have to use the analog outs of any synth. Could you hence please explain in a little more detail what this mLan solution is. I want to have multiple digital outs of the Motif to go into the digital ins of my Apogee converters (which for digital ins of course is just the gateway to Protools).

Thanks, Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ WHERE HAS TIME GONE!!!!!
Next Topic:

Are there any changes in FILES Mode on ES? ››