mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Smart Media Card Reader Not Working"

Posted on: November 18, 2008 @ 08:45 PM
DaDeO
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-19-2004

Folks - got an interesting thing developing...our band has both a Motif (Classic) and an ES.  Yesterday, the SM reader on the classic stopped recognizing that a SM card was inserted; ultimately, we couldn’t save anything new and unfortunately after the old “shut down” and power up trick...the autoload file didn’t get loaded.  I actually chalked it up to the board getting old and decided to execute a work around (SCSI loading) - no probem…

Today, same thing happened on the ES!!!!  Odd coincidence or something else???  Just about all of my sounds on the ES are custom… tons of stuff from Motifmart and some things I’ve done on my own - started sweating bullets.  Worst case, I can use a USB stick to load my autoload file, but I’m wondering has anyone else experienced this type of event?

I’ve played with the family of Motifs since they came out, and I’ve done the “fiddle with the card until it gets recognized” thing before.... tried that this time and nothing!  I also checked the SM cards for damage and they are fine (all of the files are still in tact - read them on a laptop).

Any suggestions from the group?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2008 @ 09:11 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Re: Smart Media Card Reader Not Working

I would suggest that you get a SmartMediaCard Reader and transfer your data to computer...IF...as you say, there is nothing wrong with the cards. If you “can” transfer the data, You should.....

For the ES, go to a Flash Drive. You can save more data.
For the Classic try and get another SMC.

I personally have had little trouble with the SMC,but I understood early on that they “can” be an issue,so I have several.

Back up your work in the computer whenever possible.
Just a thought...Good Luck

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2008 @ 02:14 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Re: Smart Media Card Reader Not Working

Dukester gave you good advice. Try to save all your data using SM card reader. Another advice is to switch to SM to xD adapter. It is cheap, and you could easily find xD cards on the market. Also, a lot of laptop computers nowdays have integrated card readers (including xD format), so you could backup your data. And of course, xD cards are much cheaper than SM. For instance, adapter is about $8 and 128Mb xD is $20, but 128Mb SM card is $78!

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Newbie to Motif Es need help badly
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››