mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "What do you use to Clean your MO8 Keyboard Keys?"

Posted on: November 17, 2008 @ 04:10 PM
texasaxeslinger
Total Posts:  6
Joined  11-17-2008

I got a used MO and it was in great shape but dirty so I used some LIGHT windex on a paper towel, then wiped it with a damp cloth and dried it.

Can you use anything else to Clean it and also Give the Keys a nice feel? Like Furniture Polish? (Although that might be too slippery and might mess up the keys?

(I don’t know which is why I am asking...................LOL)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2008 @ 09:14 AM
adallas
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-21-2008

Re: What do you use to Clean your MO8 Keyboard Keys?

Lysol or Clorox wipes are good.

I used to use a T-square and triangles in drafting back in the last century. We kept those plastic things clean with rubbing alcohol--the advantage is that it dries almost instantly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2008 @ 10:23 AM
Wastrel
Total Posts:  630
Joined  10-22-2004

Re: What do you use to Clean your MO8 Keyboard Keys?

I believe in the old adage “ break ‘em in the way you’re gonna run ‘em” so I wash mine with beer.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2008 @ 07:27 PM
normanb
Total Posts:  103
Joined  12-29-2006

Keep it covered!!!

Don’t be dumb like me, when your not using your keyboard, put a cover over it. You can get them for under $20, or just use a long towel. What you don’t see is that hammer action keys have a petroleum jelly type lubricant under them and anything that gets in there (especially pet hair) will stick and is not easily vacuumed out. Wish I knew this earlier!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2008 @ 08:01 AM
squeak_D
Total Posts:  0
Joined  09-24-2005

Re: Keep it covered!!!

Yes!  Keep that thing covered!  One of the biggest enemies to keyboards is DUST.  It will reek havoc on your key contacts, inputs, outputs, sliders, rotary knobs, and button contacts.  You’d be surprised at how you can greatly extend the life of a synth just by keeping it covered (and not smoking around or in the same room your synth is in.., as that too is a big electronics killer)....

You don’t really need a chemical to clean your keys either.  Just a lightly damp cloth will most often do it....  If you feel the need to put a chemical on the keys use something that’s not harsh.  I know people use those “electronic wet wipes”.  They dry quickly, clean well, and leave no residue.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Does my MO8 Have Latest Firmware?
Next Topic:

MO and Motif ES compatibility ››