mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "A very stupid Question"

Posted on: November 16, 2008 @ 11:26 AM
raykeyz
Total Posts:  32
Joined  11-06-2008

hi bad mister im sorry to ask this again on this thread but i must.. and i woud like to adress this Question to those who can answer or help me.. my question is…

How can i record my motif Rack ES on Cubase SX3 as a MIDI track not audio track. plz if not too much i need a detailed info on connecting Rack ES and PC.

this would really mean alot to me coz i dont have the ES board which would be easier i guess… im really sorry for this very stupid question.. i feel so helpless with not knowin what to do

i really need my gear to work soon… but the problem i dont how to and the manual is not that helpful so this is my last place to look for help.... thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 17, 2008 @ 04:35 AM
killerisme
Total Posts:  24
Joined  10-19-2008

Re:  A very stupid Question

I try to answer, since i see you’re in a hurry! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=
The Motif Rack ES doesn’t have an onboard sequencer, like the keyboard versions. So there isn’t very much to record, except (i’m not completely sure) audition phrases.
If you want to record a MIDI track, almost all the information will come out from the master keyboard, so you can plug it directly to your Cubase. There is no reason to pass by the Motif Rack.
I hope that’s what you were asking!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 17, 2008 @ 05:57 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re:  A very stupid Question

Correct. MIDI is not sound - it is equivalent to the roll of paper that goes in a player piano… it is a series of coded messages that are interpreted by a tone generator (the Motif Rack ES).

So you would setup so that your controller (we assume you have a keyboard or some kind of MIDI controller) and it is MIDI OUTPUT is recorded to Cubase.

The Cubase Track’s MIDI IN will be set to receive your playing (keys going up and down and you moving controllers)…
The Track’s MIDI OUT is routed to a specifc MIDI channel of the Motif Rack ES.

This is obviously so you can hear what you are doing.

For specific information you will need to tell us the following:
1) How you are connected to your computer?
2) What you are using as your MIDI interface?
also helpful would be:
what type of computer, what computer Operating System
Are you using the Motif Rack ES via USB?
If yes, how do you have your controller connected to the Motif Rack ES.

let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Looking for soft carrying case
Next Topic:

Motif rack triggered from mpc and remote from mac ››