mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Rich Fm Piano Sound"

Posted on: November 14, 2008 @ 04:23 AM
lang1977
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-12-2002

Hi people. I love the sound of a Rich Fm Piano. One of the Songs that I have heard the Fm Piano in is Celine Dion - Beauty And The Beast.

I’m trying to find out the module or keyboard that is making this sound. Does anyone know???

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2008 @ 05:05 AM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Re: Rich Fm Piano Sound

After a quick listen to a snippet on iTunes, this is a version of the now classic FM voice technology first used (I believe) by Yamaha in their DX series synthesizers. Today, everyone from Casio to Yamaha have versions of this sound on their keyboard.

The ‘Galaxy DX’ voice found on the Yamaha Motif XS is very close to this sound. In software, you could try FM8 which is a good quality FM VSTi.

And of course, don’t overlook the fact that you are listening to the final outcome of a million dollar studio...Maybe some extra processing has been used on this track/forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2008 @ 09:47 AM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

There are several FM pianos/keyboards on my new soundbank. I am not familar with the song you reference, so I am not sure if it is what you are looking for, but I could send you a demo of all the FM/DX sounds if you want. There is actually a Performance of 2 voices in the voicebank that has a huge, rich DX piano sound.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2008 @ 10:48 AM
lang1977
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-12-2002

Another song the Fm Piano is used is in Kenny G’s Sentimental. I’m sure you hear it. What keyboard was making that sound?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2008 @ 03:16 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

Here is a demo with some of the DX/FM sounds on my voicebank. Maybe you might find something that works for you.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New Voice Bank Available
Next Topic:

New Voice Bank - DX/FM demo ››