mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "busted sequencer"

Posted on: November 13, 2008 @ 03:04 AM
sbbeats
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-13-2008

I need to know if there is anything I can do about the issues I have been having with the sequencer on my Motif 6.  One issue is while I am recording on one track, the information sometimes duplicates itself to another track.  I tried recording with no MIDI connections to make sure I was not getting an echo from my computer and I tried resetting the keyboard but that problem persists.  Also recently I have not been able to record more than one part in pattern mode without the new information being copied to the old part. For example, my part B material will play over my part a material.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 13, 2008 @ 04:38 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: busted sequencer

Do you know about Phrase numbers?
When you record to a PATTERN track your data is placed in a USER PHRASE. That user phrase is given a number 001 through 256 in the order in which you record it.

Say you record Drums on Track 1 of SECTION A… it automatically is placed in usr:001. That phrase can be activated, just like any of the 687 Preset Drum Phrases, in any Section of your PATTERN. You can go to Section B and “patch” User Phrase 001 to any track in Sectin B. USER PHRASE 001 is recallable in any Section of the current Pattern

If your Phrase 001 is activated in Section A and B when you you edit it in Section A, you are also editing it in Section B. If you do not want to Edit it in both places you need to use the COPY TRACK Job - which will copy your usr:001 to a new unique USER Phrase number (the lowest numbered empty User Phrase). This will be a complete unique phrase and it will have a new user Phrase number.

Many people are unaware of this function and are baffled by the fact that data can appear in a SECTION they did not record into.

From the main PATTERN scre press [F4] PATCH and see the Phrases assigned to each Track per Section.

[ Ignore ]