mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Accordion Sounds"

Posted on: November 12, 2008 @ 08:43 PM
your2slow
Total Posts:  10
Joined  11-12-2008

Hey gang, first time motif ES owner and poster.  I’m looking to get some really good accordion sounds. The 2 that comes with the es is good but want to get more out of it.  Any suggestions on how to make it sound better or where to get some more?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 13, 2008 @ 04:47 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Re: Accordion Sounds

I suppose that you were accordion player, or play some folk music? Whatever, you could find some very good accordion sounds on supplemental SoundLibrary CD (I’m using AccSteyris and Acc Small), but you’ll have to install SRAM memory because those uses additional samples. I have plans to sample very nice voices from my accordion (Guerinni superior IV), since it has mounted mics in it and stereo cable (bass and keyboard are splitet to separate channels), so it is easier for sampling purposes. Until than, you could try on internet if someone has good samples for some other keyboard.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 13, 2008 @ 06:17 AM
your2slow
Joined  11-12-2008

Thanks for the reply.  Which CD did you get to get the accordion sounds?? I’ve checked them all out and can’t seem to find some.

Thanks again

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2008 @ 02:28 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

You should obtain three CDs with your Motif ES:

1) Tools for Motif
2) Sound Library (this is the CD about I’m talking!)
3) Tools for Modular synthesis Plug-in System

On the CD under no. 2, you should find in folder VoiceDat four files with voices (w7v and w8v extension). Some of them are with included waveforms, as those for accordion sounds. I have attached list of all voices from that CD. You should either connect CD player with USB connection to your ES and read voices directly from CD or copy these to USB stick (both w7v and w8v!). Then when you go to File/Load/Voice scrooll down to find appropriate accordion sound.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2008 @ 02:35 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

I just forget to attach file with voice list as I said in my previous post.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2008 @ 08:32 AM
your2slow
Joined  11-12-2008

Very sorry to keep bugging you but I’m still unable to find these files..  I’ve checked out the File/software, Midi sample Library, Sample CD’s.  Can’t seem to find the ones your are talking about.  Could I trouble you to link to where I can get these tools/cd’s? 

Once again.. Thank you very much.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2008 @ 12:58 AM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

You can find accordions voice and samples in the Yamaha sample CD give with the Motif ES on “WindInst”

42 AccMusette Kb OTHER *
43 Acc Tango Kb OTHER *
44 AccTutti Kb OTHER *
45 AccSteyris Kb OTHER

* include preset waveforms

You can also find accordion sounds in The Easy sound bank, Stage and studio sale here on Motifmart, Quetschn, Lambada, AccrdEnsmb :

[url=http://secure.keyfax.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=VSS]http://secure.keyfax.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=VSS [/url]

Listen at the end of the “Piano & bells” demo at 1min 56 you will hear one accordion demo.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2008 @ 12:19 PM
your2slow
Joined  11-12-2008

Thanks.. I figured out my issue /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=… I did not get the CD’s with my motif.  I bought mine 2nd hand.  Would someone have time to zip the files and attach it here?  Or email me?  It would be greatly appreciated.

Once again, thanks in advanced

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2008 @ 03:32 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

Well, now I understand what’s your problem and why you couldn’t find those files. Unfortunatelly, voices are too big to send by e-mail (Windinst.w8v is about 70Mb!!), due to samples stored in it. Maybe you should try to find CD’s from Yamaha local distributor near you or to contact Yamaha directly. Maybe someone else know how to solve this.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 17, 2008 @ 12:20 PM
your2slow
Joined  11-12-2008

If anyone is willing to zip the file.. I’ll create an FTP server that you can connect to and upload the file.  FTP Server = ftp://motif.myftp.org:8021 Userid=motif, pass=motif

thanks again all.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Transferring sounds from Motif6
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››