mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Have I Killed my Motif 6 Classic"

Posted on: November 11, 2008 @ 01:42 PM
BMOG
Total Posts:  45
Joined  11-11-2008

I have had my Classic for about 5 years now, and just this last year I got involved with stacking the Performance Mode with Ens Mix Strings, Vintage Rhodes, Power Brass ( I think it is not in front of me) and PercW Bass.  Now there are times when my sounds are dropping out all together main my strings.  Is there any way around this, I am a Praise and Worship musician so strings are a huge part of my sound.  I feel I am forced to get another board but the money is not hear right now for that.  Now I have another performance which is piano, vintage rhodes, Ens Mix Strings, and RnB Guitar.  Now that performance holds up much better but I miss the bass.  Forgive me if I did not name all the sounds correct, also I am a one man show, no bass so I need the bass for a full sound.  This board has served me well when I used it in just voice mode, is there some kind of a way to flush the memory and to give me a chance of not loosing my sounds?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 11, 2008 @ 04:04 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Re: Have I Killed my Motif 6 Classic

What I “think” you are having an issue with is “polyphony”. Too much going on at one time. The Performance you first described sounds like the case.
POLYPHONY EXPLAINED

This is directed at Voices, but should give you some understanding as to what polyphony is and how it works. I’m sure someone will chime in with a little more detail in regards to your particular issue. 
MORE ON POLYPHONY

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 12, 2008 @ 12:15 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: Have I Killed my Motif 6 Classic

I think Dukester has nailed it. The classic is only 62 note polyphonic and it is surprising when you have a 4 part layer how quickly those notes get used, especially if you are using your sustain pedal.

There are some things you can do:

1 If you get hold of an AP or PF PLG and use it for one of the piano sounds, then the polyphony for that sound comes from the PLG not the host motif. This will extend your polyphony.

2 Reprogramme the strings sounds and shorten their sustain.

3 Use an alternative Piano sound which on its own sounds like a piano/rhodes layer - this may or may not save you poly. Do you really need both sounds anyway?

Ultimately one of the reasons many migrated to the ES when it came out was due to polyphony - the ES is 128note. But even so, many still came across these issues with the ES!!

Hope these thoughts help

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ keyboard makes clicking noise
Next Topic:

Brad’s List: TOP MOTIF/MOTIF ES FORUM QUESTIONS ››