mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New Voice Bank Available"

Page 2 of 3
Posted on: November 15, 2008 @ 09:49 AM
tuquoque
Total Posts:  563
Joined  08-15-2007

Re: New Voice Bank Available

Hello Peter, check out your email. I’ve sended you $25 by Paypal. Looking forward to play with Power bank.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2008 @ 10:20 AM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

You don’t need to allow external commercial annoucement to report about one product. If you buy a product not allow or sale here, but on a third website, on e-bay .....and your not happy with it because it’s using rolyalties samples or just a copy of something else, you can report about it.

If a product is good, it can be sale here on Motifart and allow to talk about it.

I hope that Peter will receive a answer and can be sale on Motifmart soon /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2008 @ 03:26 PM
tuquoque
Joined  08-15-2007

If a product is good, it can be sale here on Motifart and allow to talk about it.

Papaphoenix, I respect you and your efforts in this forum but let’s not be naive here. We all know how it works, don’t we ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2008 @ 03:49 PM
tuquoque
Joined  08-15-2007

About Power bank

As mentioned I have already bought Pete’s Power bank. Payed by Paypal and received the email with 11 meg ALL file within one hour. Played with the voices for about two hours.

What can I say. Everything he says in the beginning of this thread is just like he says. As a modest guy he just couldn’t say how good the voices are. Propably the best pianos I’ve heard that are made with ES factory samples. Some very very beautyfull strings. Most of the voices are usefull and there is no weird sfx voices. Still the voices are a bit more than bread and butter. I’d say a fresh baked French bread with some appropriately riped camembert cheese.

Paypal is safe and you can trust on Peter. Buy it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2008 @ 04:01 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Tuquoque, you are missing an important point about sound libraries
and other products available at the motif mart.

It costs a great deal of money for Keyfax to build, support, and maintain this website and others. It is their investment, and their investment shouldn’t include “free” advertising for third-party creators with whom they have no working or contractual agreement. Which is what you are essentially asking them to do.

With all due respect to PeterS, products posted for sale at the motif mart do have to meet a certain level of professional production. Keyfax has to review products before they agree to post any product. Their agreements with third-party producers are profit-sharing agreements, the motif mart is not a public service provided to “certain” programmers free of charge.

Payment of staff to handle customer service, maintaining servers,paying accountants, insurance, business licenses, business taxes, leasing of space, utility bills,
handling e-commerce transactions, hiring website designers, audio and video personnel, investing in audio and video production facilities, maintaining inventory - all of these are expensive. In return for committing that kind of investment, Keyfax has the right to review
Motif-related products before agreeing to post them and thereby providing their website and services to third-party programmers.

Speaking as a third-party programmer of Motif-related products, I can tell you straight up that I feel it is unfair for anyone who creates something for Yamaha products to be allowed free promotion of their product without any regard to the quality of the product. I know I
speak for other programmers who put a great deal of time and effort into their work and who have taken the time and trouble to work out agreements with Keyfax. Not to mention
that is entirely possible for people to post “links” to
their products which are in fact malicious, or for payment to be taken from people without any guarantee of product delivery.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2008 @ 05:11 PM
tuquoque
Joined  08-15-2007

Yes David, everything you say is completely understandable and of course the site owners has every right to form a policy as they wish. However, what I’m saying here is that the policy they are having at the moment is not the best for the Motif users, when it comes to the product support.

I’ll give you an example. In this forum I have seen plenty of questions about the compatible USB drives for ES. Every discussion about the issue ends up so that noone from the official product supporters gives a clear answers to the users. Why is that, considering the fact that they have the knowledge and the opportunity to give the right answers? Does it have something to do with the fact that Keyfax is selling USB products by themselves and they propably benefit if users are thinking that only compatible drives are sold by Keyfax? Go figure that out. Same thing happens with the DIMM issue, every time.

The site like this is ok but from the user point of view it would be even better, and definitely more supportive, if there would be less or non at all commercial interests among the site owners or if the site owners would trust enough for their own products and let the customers decide what’s good for them.

I’m through with the issue. Thanks for reading.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2008 @ 12:57 AM
papaphoenix
Joined  03-09-2004

Don’t worry for me , i’m not naive /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2008 @ 03:03 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

I think it is a trade-off:
KEYFAX protects us from forgery, but tries to raise some money for this invaluable site.
That means that some of good will must obey some rules to keep the library market reliable.
As a result uncontrolled marketing can’t be allowed.

What’s best for the common member?
We spent our money on some expensive hardware.
That doesn’t mean we want to lose the rest to who-ever sells anything.

Recently we have seen some abuse in this area.
I can only accept the rules by KEYFAX.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2008 @ 12:48 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

I fully respect Keyfax’s policies. I have been in contact with them and will be sending them the voicebank for review.
I was not aware of their policy when I first posted.

I thank them for graciously allowing this thread to continue while I make arrangements with them to get the voicebank on Motifmart.

And Marko, thank you for your kind words about the voicebank. I put a lot of time and effort in it to come up with quality voices that would reach a broad spectrum of users by including an assortment of voice categories.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2008 @ 03:30 PM
Sérgio Ricardo
Total Posts:  47
Joined  10-08-2006

Peter,

How I can to buy the bank. I live in Brazil.
regards,

Sérgio

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2008 @ 01:17 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Keyfax is currently reviewing “POWER BANK”. It will hopefully be available on Motifmart soon.

I am in the process of making it also available without user samples so those who have an ES without memory can use it as well. It can also be used for the ES Rack, S90 ES, and MO 6/8.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2008 @ 09:38 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Keyfax has informed me that they enjoyed “POWER BANK”
and we are currently working out the details to get it on Motifmart for sale.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 09:22 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Keyfax has agreed to put Power Bank up for sale on Motifmart. It seems to be taking quite a while (almost 2 months) I know part of the problem has been they were preparing for Winter NAMM. The voice library is still available through me directly if anyone is interested until they get it on Motifmart. 2 demo’s are on the first 2 posts of this thread and 1 demo is on a seperate thread.

Thanks

PeterS

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 10:26 PM
papaphoenix
Joined  03-09-2004

Congratulation Peter, it’s a nice news /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2009 @ 03:34 PM
PeterS