mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New Voice Bank Available"

Page 1 of 3
Posted on: November 10, 2008 @ 02:14 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

The voice bank I have created contains 128 voices from most categories on the ES, and 10 Performances (most of which are actually Voice Performances to create larger sounding voices).

You will need some memory as I have incorporated some user waves in some of the voices. I am attaching a demo so you can hear a few of these voices. (Full demo is on 2 separate posts as it was too large for only 1 attachment. This post contains the demo with Ap’s, Ep’s, Or’s, Ac & El Gt’s. The post below contains Rp’s, St’s, Br, Pd/Choirs, & Synths.

This library contains 14 Acoustic pianos, most of which I spent a lot of time on velocity sensitivity. As you recall the 3 layer S700 would kick in different elements at various velocities to change the timbre of the voice. I have managed to achieve a similar result using only one element. As you play very softly and gradually play harder (pianoforte pf) you will hear the timbre change accordingly as I demonstrated in the attachment. This makes the voices very responsive to your touch.

There are 15 Electric pianos, several of which I have incorporated a similar velocity sensitivity using more than one element, which you can also hear on the demo attachment. There are 2 additional keyboard sounds, 4 Clavs and 1 Harpsichord.

There are 14 organs. I spent a lot of time on the rotary effect to try to get the most out of it as I felt that many existing stock voices were somewhat anemic in this area. I tried to show this in the demo. In fact, if you turn the volume up and get close to your speakers, you can actually feel the wind in your face, like standing in front of a Leslie (just kidding).

3 acoustic guitars with AT on one of them. 13 electric guitars, 2 with AT and 4 with an arpeggio attached that triggers at high velocity (123-127) and 1 sitar.

There are 2 saxes and 2 flutes one of each has been programmed for BC but can be played normally on the keys.

I programmed 2 violins and 2 cellos with no vibrato.(as this was a major complaint on the forum) They are programmed with AT vibrato as demonstrated on the demo. I also paid attention to velocity sensitivity and gave additional volume expression on the mod wheel to simulate the various strokes of the bow. These voices are actually interchangeable depending on the register you play them so you actually have 4 violins and 4 cellos. There are 7 additional string voices as well. 1 Performance has a large string section with no vibrato.

There are 4 brass sections and 9 combination brass, strings and other various instruments to give you different types of orchestras. 

I spent a lot of time on choirs and came up with 11 very usable voices which can be heard on the demo. Plus there are 2 voices with choir pad combo sounds. The 2nd choir demo has since been tweaked to eliminate the phasing you might hear on this attachment. There are also 3 voices in the Cp category.

Finally there are 16 synths in the Sc, Ld and Pd categories and 1 Me voice.

Within this voice library, there are 6 voices that are actually ES stock voices that I tweaked, 2 Ap’s, 1 Ep and 3 Organs.  There is also 1 Gt from the original Motif. You can tell which ones they are as the names are basically the same. The Ap’s have been given greater velocity sensitivity and I was able to squeeze a little more decay from the waveform, the EP and organs IMO, sound better in a mix as I cleaned them up a bit taking some of the muddiness out of them.  I have already cleared it with Yamaha and they have no problem with me tweaking their voices and including them in the library. I only included them because I felt some of you would appreciate the tweaks on these voices as you should find them a little more usable, especially in a mix.

Listen to the demo to decide if this is a library you might want. It is unique in the sense that most libraries generally give you 128 variations of the same type of instrument, whereas with this one you get many different categories of instruments. Keep in mind the voices sound even better from the ES, as you loose some nuances to a computer attachment. I am asking $25 only because I recently went on disability and I am trying to supplement my income. Not a sob story, just a fact. I can email you the All file as an attachment. I also included a few voices in the User bank 2 that I was going to eliminate but figured I’d throw them in as well. I have been on this forum almost 6 years owning an original Motif and then an ES. As far as I understand, this file will easily be read by the XS as well. Remember that there are a few user waves, so you need some memory.

Thanks for listening.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2008 @ 02:18 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Re: New Voice Bank Available

The 2nd demo is attached to this post.

Thanks for listening.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2008 @ 03:47 PM
The Shank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  08-15-2005

Excellent patches demoed.  Where can we find this new library?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2008 @ 09:48 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Thanks Shank. I don’t think you will be dissappointed as every sound in the library is of a similar quality. The sounds are even better coming from your Motif. The Acoustic pianos alone are well worth the price.

Mail me a check or postal money order and provide your email address to:

Peter Scarpelli
957 Desert Circle
Fountain, CO 80817

or paypal at:

I will send an email with an ALL file attached immediately upon recieving a postal money order or paypal and within a few days of receiving a check to allow it to clear.

Thanks for helping a Mo Bro out.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 11, 2008 @ 07:53 AM
KMK
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-29-2002

Hey Peter,

Why don’t you contact Motifator and ask if they will put your soundbank for sale with the other programmers. It would be safer for you and the buyer.  For example, no bad checks, buyers can use credit cards, etc.

I am interested in your sound set, just hate to wait until you receive payment before I get my sounds.

Thanks,

Kenny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 11, 2008 @ 01:22 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

I understand where you are coming from. I thought about it and may do it that way if Keyfax is willing. In the meantime I was hoping to make some sales in the interim without having to pay them a percentage as I have that dreaded Italian disease “Mafundsalo”.

As far as I am concerned, I have been on the forum for 6 years and there is no risk from my side. Bad Mister knows me although I don’t want to put him in the position to vouch for me. I invited him for lunch to my restaurant 5 years ago while he did a demonstration of the Motif when I lived in PA. And we have stayed in touch.

I hope that you would be willing to purchase the voicebank directly from me in the meantime, besides you have my home address and can find me easily. LOL

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 11, 2008 @ 02:04 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Hello Peter,
As a long-serving MoBro I’m sure you are aware that we don’t accept third party advertising on the site I’m afraid. We won’t delete your current post but in deference to the MoBros who sell their libraries through Motifator we must ask that that’s it.

If you’d like us to consider selling the library, as someone has already suggested, please feel free to submit it and we’ll be happy to take and look and a listen. You’ll almost undoubtedly sell more (if it’s good!) plus we can offer secure transactions for all concerned.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 11, 2008 @ 02:10 PM
Cowzar of Cunka
Total Posts:  344
Joined  10-10-2003

Hi Peter,

You’ve done some great work on your sounds and I like your MP3’s.

You should be getting in contact with Julian about advertising, as the longer you do this, the more you are in breach of there rules. (Which is available in the Forum FAQ)

“Any advertising for products not sold through this site will not be permitted. However, if you wish to sell products through this site, please contact us at

I hope it does really well for you and you get around to a second bank!!!

Oh - and give the soundset a name also.

Cheers
Brian Cowell
CUNKA - Motif ES -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 11, 2008 @ 03:02 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Thanks for the info. I honestly didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to do this on the forum. I will certainly contact Keyfax about getting it on Motifmart. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 11, 2008 @ 03:11 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

And thanks for the compliment Brian.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 12, 2008 @ 01:18 PM
Cowzar of Cunka
Total Posts:  344
Joined  10-10-2003

And thanks for the compliment Brian.

Its good to know that others develop for the MOTIF ES and are actively promoting there wares. More = good!

Cheers
Brian Cowell
CUNKA - Motif ES -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 12, 2008 @ 01:43 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Brian, I tried contacting Keyfax with the email address you gave but it was undeliverable. I found another adress to contact them and am waiting for a response.
Thanks for your help.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2008 @ 09:54 AM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

I named the voice bank “POWER BANK” as it is a multi category voice bank, as per Brian’s recomendation. I also added paypal as a method of payment.

I have contacted Keyfax and Mr. Motif a couple of days ago regarding getting the voice bank on Motifmart. I am still waiting for them to contact me.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2008 @ 11:52 PM
tuquoque
Total Posts:  563
Joined  08-15-2007

You could also sell it on eBay, buyers will find the sound bank from there.

BTW I think the Motifators site policy sucks. If the mission is to support the Motif users, they should allow the marketing of products that Motif users want and need and are clearly related to Motif wether or not the products are made by Yamaha or Keyfax or what ever 3rd side, like PeterS in this case.

One solution would be to open new forum category for other than Keyfax/Yamaha product commercials, support and discussion.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2008 @ 01:31 AM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

Tuquoque, most of the voices sales on Motifmart are third party :
Easy sounds, DCP production, Ksounds, Bolder sounds, Playkeyz, Vrsound, Dave Bristow, Alessandro Lamuraglia.

For softwares Julien Sabdes, John Melas.......

Users must be very careful when purchasing on E-Bay on the banks sounds, remember that the CD who was in fact a copy of free voices from Mo Bross, Moessieurs and Motifmart.

Of course there are also on E-bay sellers who sell their own product of their work.
The most difficult is to make the sorts.

A purchase on Motifmart ensure the buyer to have a bank that is not a copy of one other edition or other samples.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2008 @ 02:28 AM
tuquoque
Total Posts:  563
Joined  08-15-2007

Yes, I agree.

The points you made are the main reasons why Keyfax should (without censorship) allow the honest 3rd party manufacturers to inform the Motif users about their products particularly in this forum. Users could share their experiences about the products and help each other to find the best among all and most importantly to buy safely.

That would be The support site. At the moment Motifator is very good site indeed but insufficient from this point of view. In a perfect situation moderators should be neutral persons without commercial interests of their own. Just a thought.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Incoming - Virtual Pianos Collection for the XS
Next Topic:

Rich Fm Piano Sound ››