mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How do I use a foot pedal for the leslie organ?"

Posted on: November 09, 2008 @ 06:11 PM
duanem@rocketmail.com
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-06-2008

I own the S90es and would like to know if I can use a foot pedal to speed up and slow down the leslie for the organ sounds?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2008 @ 08:59 AM
estelle
Joined  04-12-2007

Re: How do I use a foot pedal for the leslie organ?

I use the Yamaha FC7 pedal to control the rotary (Leslie) speaker effect. You have to call up the voice you wish to use, push the “edit” button. Make sure you are in “common” edit mode. Select control settings - I believe with most organ presets the rotary speaker effect is under either control #1 or #2. (There are 6 total). You have to change the “MW” (modulation wheel) control to FC2 for foot controller 2. Make sure your pedal is plugged into the FC2 input. You will have to save this to a user voice to keep your settings after you power the system down. Hope this helps as I’m going by memory here. Ü Have a great day!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 11, 2008 @ 04:46 PM
duanem@rocketmail.com
Joined  11-06-2008

Re: How do I use a foot pedal for the leslie organ

Is there a way to do it with an FC3, FC4 or FC5 plugged into the assignable foot pedal jack?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 12, 2008 @ 04:25 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

An FC4 or FC5 in the Assignable Foot Switch jack can work but it will work as a momentary switch.

This means that the speed will change as long as your foot is on the pedal, when you release the pedal the speed will revert to how it was stored.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 12, 2008 @ 07:09 AM
Wastrel
Total Posts:  630
Joined  10-22-2004

“An FC4 or FC5 in the Assignable Foot Switch jack can work but it will work as a momentary switch. “

Or you could use a latching on-off switch like this:
[url=https://www.theguitarfiles.com/product_id-1361.html]https://www.theguitarfiles.com/product_id-1361.html [/url]

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2008 @ 08:02 PM
mheffner
Total Posts:  6
Joined  09-03-2007

I use the Boss FS5L which is a latching switch plugged into the second footswitch. It’s assigned to the mod wheel and lets me turn the leslie on and off as needed keeping both hands free to play.

[ Ignore ]