mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Perform Patch and Drum Pattern?"

Posted on: November 08, 2008 @ 07:19 AM
faithmusic
Total Posts:  11
Joined  04-21-2007

Hi,
Is there a way of setting up a drum loop while using a Perform patch? What I’d like to do is a have a Perform bass/keys patch that I would like to use with drums, but I can’t figure out if a Perform patch will work with a Pattern drum sequence.
Is this possible and if so, how would I create this? If not, how would I be able to use this bass/keys Perform patch and find drums for it?
Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2008 @ 08:07 AM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Re: Perform Patch and Drum Pattern?

“Is there a way of setting up a drum loop while using a Perform patch? What I’d like to do is a have a Perform bass/keys patch that I would like to use with drums, but I can’t figure out if a Perform patch will work with a Pattern drum sequence.
Is this possible and if so, how would I create this? If not, how would I be able to use this bass/keys Perform patch and find drums for it?”

As I understand your question, you can go either way. You can have a Drum Loop in a Performance or you can do a “Performance Copy” into a Pattern. Which direction you want to go depends on how you want to work.

Working in Performance Mode
Initialize a Performance
Performance
Job--Enter---Confirm
Voice [F2].....here is where you set up your Voices for your Performance. Default is Full Grand. Let’s start with that.

We’ll set a “LIMIT Low” at C2
Hold down LIMIT L [SF4] and Press C2 on the keyboard.
Scroll Down for the next Voice and Press [SF1] ADD INT
Go to Category Search and Press BASS.
Let’s keep it simple and use PRE 2 Prec FW....ENTER
Set LIMIT H [SF5] at B1

Scroll Down again to ADD your Drums (Press [SF1]
Category Search then DRUMS/PERCUSSION
Let’s go with DRY STANDARD....ENTER

Now set the Drum Arp Pattern [F5]
Choose a DrPc in BANK
Choose a Pattern Arp
Turn SWITCH and HOLD ‘ON’

When you start to play, the Drums will kick in. You can customize the Performance Voices to your liking. “I” like to put my BASS Tone [F4] from EDIT and Highlight the Part to +12 (but that’s just me).
If you like, follow the steps and add a 4th Voice to the Performance.

You “can” place that Performance into a MIX.
Call up a Pattern...Go to MIX...Press JOB and PF COPY[F5]
Highlight the USER Number and scroll to your Performance.
Press ENTER and CONFIRM

Now you must Highlight your Drum Part and Press EDIT
Press [F3] ARP
And do just what you did in setting up your Performance in Performance Mode.

Just like in Performance, the Drums will start when you start playing. One of the “bonuses” from “this” way of utilizing a Performance with Drums in a Pattern is you can place other Voices in the other Parts for “lead” work or even creat another Performance from Part 5 that will include Bass.

Performances are assigned to the SAME MIDI CHANNEL.
Your Initial Performance is on MIDI Channel 1
If you set up another Performance in the Mix from say Part 5 and you want Bass as well on 6, you MUST set 6 on MIDI Channel 5 for the two to work.

I think that covers it. If not, someone will chime in or if you discover an issue, post back.
Hope this helps

OH!OH!OH!....I DID forget. STORE!!STORE the PERFORMANCE and STORE THE PATTERN!! Save to a Smart Media Card or FLASH DRIVE.Best and safest is to an ALL File. You will LOSE the Pattern when you Power Down. You will have to Load the Pattern Data after you Power Up.
WHEW!!!!!!!:o

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2008 @ 03:08 PM
faithmusic
Joined  04-21-2007

Hey, thanks so much for your help! What works so far is putting a performance into a pattern. I’m using a bass/keys patch that is a split patch and I placed it into a pattern that had a drum loop that also was already prerecorded.
Now, is there a way of changing the keyboard sound or bass sound in the new pattern? Or is the performance sound locked in after putting it in the pattern patch?

Thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2008 @ 08:15 PM
faithmusic
Joined  04-21-2007

What I’d like to end up with is in one Pattern setting up the same bass in all the tracks and having different sounds, split sounds in each track. Like I said earlier I am using a Performance split BASS/KEYS sound and I have put it in a Pattern with a drum loop. Now when I go thru the different sounds within the Pattern Mix I would like to keep the same bass patch in all of the 16 trks but assign a different right hand sound in each of the 16 trks.
I hope that makes sense. If anyone could tell me how to do this, I would be very grateful.
Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2008 @ 06:31 PM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

I descided to put my response here because if I make a mistake some can come in and straighten it out.

As near as I can figure to accomplish what you want to do, you will have to “build” the “Voices” from scratch. You can “creat” the Voices that contain a Bass for your Left Hand and another Voice for your Right Hand. Once you have created as many Voices as you need, you can place them in a Pattern and just “scroll” from one Track/Part to the next,having the Bass in the Left Hand and “whatever” Voice in the Right Hand.

You should inventory your User Banks and make a note of the ones you don’t feel you “need” (you can always have them Saved to a smartMedia Card of Flash Drive or in your Computer should you want them later).

You will have to build your Voice at the Element Level. You have up to 4 Elements for a Voice. As an example.....
Call up a Voice you want to work with.
Press JOB---ENTER--YES
You now have the Voice Initialized
Press EDIT and then “1”. Your first Element(it is “ON” and default Acoustic Piano)
Scroll over to WAVE NO. Spinning the wheel, you’ll see below the numbers, the names of the various Voices/Sounds.
Let’s stay with the AP for now.
Press SF5....LIMIT. Here is where you action is. This is your AP,so you want to set the LOW Limit. Let’s try “C2”.Check it out.
Now go to “2” for the next Element. Turn the Element Switch “ON”. Scroll over to Wave Ctgry and scroll to Ba for you Bass Voice.
Go back to WAVE and check out which one you want. Pnce you’ve chosen go back to SF5 to set you Limit HIGH.Let’s try “B1”.(If you wish,later, you can add up to 2 more Elements).
Name and store.

Repeat this process for the additional Voices you want available to you in your Pattern Mix. Once you have the Voices the way you want them and have SAVED AND STORED them, you are ready to put them in a Pattern Mix.

I “think” this is what you need to do to meet your goal. I “think” that’s everything,but if it isn’t someone will chime in with any corrections.
Good Luck.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2008 @ 08:10 PM
faithmusic
Joined  04-21-2007

I got it working and I have the split but the notes have a constant ring to them. Is there a way to change the duration of the notes on the keyboard? The piano doesn’t cut off like a real sustain on a real piano.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2008 @ 09:23 PM
faithmusic
Joined  04-21-2007

If I was to create my BASS/KEYBOARDs split sounds in PERFORMANCE and put them into one PATTERN MIX can you tell me how to change each MIDI channel so I can use my PERFORMANCE sounds instead of creating new sounds?
I can’t figure out how to change the MIDI channels for PERFORMANCE sounds.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 11, 2008 @ 07:21 AM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

“I got it working and I have the split but the notes have a constant ring to them. Is there a way to change the duration of the notes on the keyboard? The piano doesn’t cut off like a real sustain on a real piano.”

There “is” a way to resolve that but that will require some assistance from one of the “higher authorities” like DaveP or “TheBad1”. I didn’t have that issue when I did the steps myself,but then again, it is not a technique I have experience with.

“If I was to create my BASS/KEYBOARDs split sounds in PERFORMANCE and put them into one PATTERN MIX can you tell me how to change each MIDI channel so I can use my PERFORMANCE sounds instead of creating new sounds?”

Call up the PATTERN
Press MIX
Press EDIT
Press the number of the PART you are working with from VOICE [F1]
Press MODE [SF2]
You make your changes at RECIEVE CH.
Let’s say you want Voices 1 and 2 on the same MIDI Channel. You would place Part 2 on MIDI Channel 1 to work with Voice 1.

When you set up your next combination on 3 and 4, you would set up the Recieve Ch on 3 for BOTH. Likewise, 5 and 6 would both be onf 5 etc.

Then you can go in and set your limits/key ranges and any other edits.

Remember that when you call up the Parts, you must call up the First Part ie 1 - 3 -5 etc.

SAVE....STORE.....SAVE....STORE!!!!!!
Safest is to an ALL File. You will lose the Pattern data on power down. You can set the file to AutoLoad so that when you power up, it will load all of your data.
Hope this helps.....

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Do i need to replace my keys !?!
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››