mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Keyboard Switch or Track Layers in Song mode"

Posted on: November 07, 2008 @ 01:11 PM
shakil
Total Posts:  102
Joined  11-28-2002

Is there a way to play on multiple tracks at the same time…

I want to layer Track 2 and 3, both set to their own channels… is it possible to turn a switch so that keyboard will send notes to both tracks/parts?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 07, 2008 @ 04:31 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Keyboard Switch or Track Layers in Song mode

It’s called MASTER mode.

Master mode allows you on the Motif ES to transmit on up to four MIDI channels simultaneously.

Press [MASTER]
Press [JOB]
Press [F1] INIT
Clear the ALL box by highlighting it and pressing [DEC/NO]
Move the cursor down and mark the ZONE box
Move the cursor to the right and select “SPLIT”, “LAYER”, “4LAYER"… since you want just 2 PARTS Layered select “Layer”
Set UPPER to MIDI channel 2
Set LOWER to MIDI channel 3

Press [ENTER] to execute.
you will be returned to the main MASTER screen
Press [F2] MEMORY
On this screen set the MODE to SONG
Set the MEMORY to target the SONG number you want to control.

You are now set to play Layered across the entire keyboard Track 2 on MIDI channel 2 and Track 3 on MIDI channel 3

Press [STORE] to store your Master setup…

For more on MASTER mode see the Motif ES HOME PAGE and click on Behind the Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2008 @ 09:16 AM
shakil
Total Posts:  102
Joined  11-28-2002

hmmm.  What about rest of the 14 parts?  If I select a different track than Track 2 and 3, will it play on the respective channel?  For example, if I have Track2 + 3 layered in Master Mode, and then select Track 12, will the keyboard play Track 12 on channel 12?

What about if I want to layer multiple groups of 4 parts… set 1 (Parts 1+2+3+4), set 2 (Part 5+6+7+8)....?

Do I have to create Master setup for each combination I need? 

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2008 @ 01:50 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

These are all questions you will answer for yourself as soon as you start to explore Master mode. The Master mode (and the article will explain) you have a maximum of 4 ZONES - so you can transmit on up to 4 MIDI channel simultaneously. You can place as many of the PARTS of your MIXING setup on a MIDI channel - so it can get quite complex… A channel is what you transmit on… the PARTS can be set to receive any MIDI channel - so you could stack multiple Voices on MIDI channel 12 and then transmit to them all via a single ZONE. And you have 4 Zones.

Do I have to create Master setup for each combination I need?

Yes. Of course. There are 128 MASTER setups possible - if you need more you will need to reload. 

Please see the article: Understanding Motif ES Master mode

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Will an xD to SmartMedia converter work with ES?
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››