mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Guitar Input (L) mono only coming through left ch."

Posted on: November 06, 2008 @ 07:01 AM
electricfiddle13
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-02-2008

Hi, last night I tried to plug my acoustic guitar into the Left input of the Motif es an am only getting sound out of my left channel (left earpiece). I thought the left input was always the mono channel which split the sound between left and right. Is there something I am missing here? Some setting on the board to get my guitar to sound on both left and right channels for true mono? Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2008 @ 07:44 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Guitar Input (L) mono only coming through left ch.

Hi, last night I tried to plug my acoustic guitar into the Left input of the Motif es an am only getting sound out of my left channel (left earpiece). I thought the left input was always the mono channel which split the sound between left and right. Is there something I am missing here? Some setting on the board to get my guitar to sound on both left and right channels for true mono?

The LEFT/MONO function is only a function of the OUTPUT. It is completely correct that if you plug a device into the Left INPUT of the Motif ES it will only sound out of your left earpiece (speaker).... what you want to do is set the MONO/STEREO parameter for the AD input so that it is “L mono"… the default (as you can imagine is “stereo” that is why you are hearing only the left.)

Press MIXING
Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON]
Press [F5] AUDIO IN
On the AD INPUT page set the MONO/STEREO = “L mono”
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2008 @ 02:58 PM
electricfiddle13
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-02-2008

Thanks Bad Mister… But I made a mistake. This should be in the Motif ES forum. I posted this in the rack forum instead. So with that being said, I don’t know if your answer will change or if this works the same on the Motif ES series… Many thanks Bad Mister! : )

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 11, 2008 @ 11:41 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The answer is for the Motif ES

I kind of figured you meant the Motif ES… as the Motif Rack ES has no A/D Input at all, no ability to accept a microphone… so I left this here so you would find it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New sample for my Rack ES
Next Topic:

Loading CS6x/S80 sounds onto the Motif Rack ES ››