mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha, what are the new raw ROM samples?"

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 12:20 AM
Richard_Saunders
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-01-2003

Yamaha, aside from the new orchestral samples you mention, could you give some details about any other new ROM samples?

For instance are there any new synth waveforms? Fender Rhodes waveforms, etc...?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 02:30 AM
Maxx
Joined  11-14-2003

Re: Yamaha, what are the new raw ROM samples?

...its piano sounds being of special interest.Are we talking about a rival to P250 or just “great samples in a workstation context”? I’ve got Motif 8 and P 200 at the moment. I use the pianos most on both instruments. Will the new piano samples warrant an upgrade to Motif SE or P 250 respectively? I do envy guitarists in one respect: the more vintage their gear is, the better. Keyboard players end up paying through the nose to stay abreast of technological development in the field. Or else we make do with older axes. I’d really like to see a 2nd generation piano PLG with more or less be all end all instrument modelling. If 16Meg of ROM is the limit, put the samples on two cards. At least toy with the idea for a while /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 03:44 AM
ProgressiveD
Joined  02-21-2003

I would be interested in reading the voice list, but I didn’t find any on Motifator. Is it available online ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 11:24 AM
Richard_Saunders
Joined  07-01-2003

I haven’t downloaded the ES manual yet, but I’m thinking maybe they’re in there, like in the rack manual. But that won’t necessarily say which are new, like improved Rhodes samples, or synth samples. I hope Yamaha might give us a quick reply to this. Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 11:26 AM
bvogel
Joined  07-26-2002

The data list is a seperate book that is not on the web yet. I say that but it could pop up as I’m typing. :-) Brian

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 02:32 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

There is a more complete description of the sound set at Yamahasynth.com. You can hear many of the new sounds in the Listening Room in the ES area and finally you can see the ES in action in video clips at the Tokyo release party on the Yamaha Japan site at:

[url=http://www.yamaha.co.jp/BB/news/03070201.html]http://www.yamaha.co.jp/BB/news/03070201.html [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2003 @ 01:19 AM
Richard_Saunders
Joined  07-01-2003

Still not finding info on the new ROM samples.?

Still not finding any info about the new ROM samples. The info I’ve found on yamahasynth.com and yamaha.com just states: “The Enhanced Sound set of the ES 1,859 waveforms – the majority of them newly sampled specifically for the MOTIF ES series...”

Assuming the original Motif ROM waves must be present to facilitate loading original Motif voices, what types of new ROM samples are in the ES? The preliminary info mentions new orchestral samples. Are there any new analog synth samples or Fender Rhodes samples? Anything else?

Thanks!.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2003 @ 12:25 PM
Richard_Saunders
Joined  07-01-2003

Re: Still not finding info on the new ROM samples.?

Any info yet...?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ importing sounds
Next Topic:

Great job Yamaha!!! - But i’m pissed... ››