mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Rack XS drivers"

Posted on: November 03, 2008 @ 05:27 PM
tmg1968
Total Posts:  402
Joined  11-11-2004

Do i need an XS Rack specific driver in order to sync up with my PC? I am currently using a Yamaha USB-01 midi driver in conjunction with a UX-16 midi interface cable, but am having no success syncing the voice editor with the rack unit. I’d like to dump all my old ES rack voices into the XS rack, but i cannot do this because i can’t sync the PC and XS. Any help would be appreciated.

-Terry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2008 @ 05:40 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Rack XS drivers

You cannot use the UX16 (USB to MIDI) cable to work with the Editor. You should connect the Motif-Rack XS directly to your computer via USB. The Editor requires a multiple port connection, like USB because it uses both PORT 1 and PORT 4 for bi-directional and simultaneous operation.

Alternatively, you can connect the Motif-Rack XS via firewire/mLAN (as it also offers enough bandwidth to handle bi-directional/simultaneous communication).

If you are using the 5-pin MIDI jacks on the Motif-Rack XS you will not be able to use the Editor.

See page 5 of the Motif-Rack XS Editor Owner’s Manual for details.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Need help transferring ES rack voices to XS
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››