mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Replacement power adaptors"

Posted on: October 29, 2008 @ 03:32 PM
tmg1968
Total Posts:  402
Joined  11-11-2004

My Rack ES’ power adaptor is a bit iffy. The connection isn’t real solid, so i decided to peruse ebay for a cheap replacement. I found a place out i California called LCDPayless that makes replacement adaptors for Motif Rack, but not ES. Are the power adaptors for Motif Rack and Rack ES identical? I hope so because i already bought one from this outfit hoping it will work.

-Terry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2008 @ 12:44 AM
Derek Cook
Total Posts:  249
Joined  12-31-2005

Re: Replacement power adaptors

Have you actually tried the Yamaha Spares dept? They’re pretty good at keeping spare parts for their synths.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2008 @ 03:35 AM
tmg1968
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-20-2004

Derek,

No, i deliberately haven’t called Yamaha because i know that they will charge exorbitant prices for replacement parts. I only spent $40 for a third party replacement, whereas an actual PA-300 adaptor will run me $100 brand new. I figured a $60 difference is worth the risk.

-Terry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2008 @ 07:00 PM
GregH
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-09-2005

You may want to make sure that your problem is actually related to your power adaptor, and not the power recept that is mounted inside the Motif RackES.

I’ve experienced a similar problem, and a replacement wall-wart did not solve the problem...which has continued to get progressively worse.  I’ve checked/re-soldered the recept, but it appears that the recept itself is bad...so I’ve got one on order from Yamaha.  In the meantime, I have to velcro the jack at a particular angle in order to maintain current to the module.

[ Ignore ]