mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif xs rack to cubase AI 4 questions"

Posted on: October 29, 2008 @ 09:46 AM
wilky
Total Posts:  9
Joined  10-29-2008

Hi I am new to the forum and new to music production software.
I have just purchased the motif xs rack and I can get it to talk to studio manager and editor and load peset multis from the computer to the rack no problems.
However I am stuggling to get cubase AI4 to talk to the rack.
I want to update the motif firmware and I have downloaded the file but dont understand how to change the output routing in inspector to Yamaha Motif XS-1.
I have imported the midi update file into cubase and opened the inspector windows which shows “All midi inputs” but the cell below it shows a choice between
“No vst instuments”.and “HALion one”
I called Yamaha Tech support who told me to update to V 4.5.2 which I have but still dont know how to add the motif rack to the output routing.
Any help would be appreciated.
Wilky

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2008 @ 04:56 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Motif xs rack to cubase AI 4 questions

To get your Steinberg Cubase AI 4.5.2 to recognize the Motif Rack XS by name you should download the “Yamaha Extensions for Steinberg DAW version 1.4.0” Here is a link:

[url=http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/motif-rack_xs.html#extensions]http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/motif-rack_xs.html#extensions [/url]

This will allow you to see the Motif Rack XS by name when you go to DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP… > MIDI PORT Setup

You do not tell us how you have your Motif-Rack XS connected to your computer… Are you using USB? Are you using an external MIDI interface? Do you have the mLAN16E2? If you are communicating with the Studio Manager and the Editor we must assume that you have established some kind of MIDI connection.

How you are connected to the Rack XS will determine how you have to configure your setup… Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2008 @ 06:29 AM
wilky
Joined  10-29-2008

Hi my rack is connected by usb cable to my computer and the rack “midi in out” is set to usb.
I had already downloaded Yamaha extentions for DAW.
The yamaha Motif XS 1 to 4 is in the device midi ports but not there in the inspector output window .

Wilky

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2008 @ 08:41 AM
wilky
Joined  10-29-2008

Hi Everyone,
I’ve managed to sort out the cubase AI 4 problem with the help of Yamaha technical support.
I had to un-check the import to instrument track.
File/Prefrences/Midifile/Import to instrument track.
This was ticked on by default, anyway it did the trick and now I have the Yamaha Motif xs 1 to 4 in both input and outputs.

Firmware now updated.

Wilky /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2008 @ 04:38 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Under DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP > MIDI Port Setup
You will want to only activate the actually MIDI IN in the “In All Input” heading.

Do not have all of them marked… only the one that is the actual MIDI input device.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2008 @ 04:57 AM
wilky
Joined  10-29-2008

Ok Thanks .

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Update 1.02: Backup Multis? Inspector?
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››