mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "What About the Others?"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 01:49 PM
supermanrulez
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-30-2003

Are there any plans to offer exchange programs to RS7000, Motif Rack and S90 users who wish to upgrade?

Chris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 02:04 PM
___
Joined  10-08-2002

Re: What About the Others?

Good question

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 02:33 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

We want to be very clear.  There is no exchange program.  There is an upgrade program which means if you own a Motif and upgrade to the ES , there are certain benefits you get (extended warranty , discounts on PLGs and mLan boards , etc).  Please see the left side of the ES home page for details.  It is basically a program to help people sell their current motif and buy a an ES.

Here are two points.  One , let’s say you own a Motif 6 and decide to “ upgrade” toa Motif ES, but don’t want to sell your Motif 6.  Do you qulaify for the upgrade program.  Absolutely, you would fill out the form and get the extended warranty on both your Motif 6 and your new Motif ES 8, you would get entered in the giveaway contest and get all the benefits of both sides of the upgrade program.

As far as the RS7000, S90 and rack are concerned, we need to talk to a few people ( we are still in Japan) , but that sounds like a reasonable idea.  The only thing we need to look at is the logistics of extended warranty for those products.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 03:34 PM
Latif
Joined  11-21-2002

I don’t want to upgrade to an Motif ES from my RS7000
I rather have a straight answer wether the RS OS memory and
proccesor are capable handling and/or getting a deserved upgrade with many of the features as wished for by the current RS users.
see these threads if you haven’t allready:
[url=http://www.motifator.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=1]http://www.motifator.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=1 [/url],2,4&Board=RS7000&Number=31347&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
[url=http://www.motifator.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=1]http://www.motifator.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=1 [/url],2,4&Board=RS7000&Number=40280&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
And the wishlist as maintained by Robert at yahoogroups/rs7000

Ifnot, that way i can prepare myself for a new RS if there’s one coming…

Unless an Motif ES desktop version like RS is also being made, then i would love to upgrade to that.
Yamaha please i wish you could give me (us)
a clear answer on this issue? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 07:44 PM
kona001
Total Posts:  447
Joined  05-26-2003

As far as the RS7000, S90 and rack are concerned, we need to talk to a few people ( we are still in Japan) , but that sounds like a reasonable idea. The only thing we need to look at is the logistics of extended warranty for those products.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Yamaha,

Can you send all registered users of this forum who log onto [url=http://www.sninety.com]http://www.sninety.com [/url] and who bought S90’s if these benefits for people who bought motif’s will be available for us as well. Now that the motif es is released, it is going to be very hard to sell the S90 or let alone find people who would want to buy it. But if the same extended warranty and other benefits are extended to S90 users, then it would make it that much better and easier to sell and buy. I’m not upset you came out with a new product, I’m just upset that I chose to buy it a month ago instead of waiting until the es came out. I’m also upset because if this announcement came out one week earlier, I could have returned my S90 to the music store and placed the order for the Es when it became available. Since your message was in the plugboard section, I waited expecting an upgrade or new plug-in for the S90 so I didn’t return it. I am upset because there is nothing coming out in the form of sounds the S90 can use. Now I have to wait until I sell it, and or until a few years when you release something even better than the es when prices go down and people would want to sell their motif es’s. I would be happy if you could sell the new orchestral sound set which is probably around 60MB on a rack and then S90 users can upgrade buy buying that. If you sold an orchestarl rack with those 60Mb of orchestral sounds for around 500 or 700 US dollars, I’d buy it in a heartbeat. Please send me a message in private, or reply to this here to let us S90 users know. Thanks -Kona

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 04:40 AM
___
Joined  10-08-2002

no reply????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 05:36 AM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

What do U expect.
We RS7000 users are the arse end of the Yamaha “PRO” users universe. Well we’ve been made to feel that way.
Thanx Yamaha /forums/images/icons/confused.gif alt= .
You should try living “Down Under” $5.5k for a Mo6
$3.3K for an RS7000
AN200 + DX200’s are $1.2K each.
The AW16G was a great price though IMHO.
For that price the RS should have had a CS6X synth engine oh yeah hang on they sold for $4400(AUD) .
No way in hell can I afford a Mo’ , the Mo’Rack at nearly 3 clangers is over the top.
Thank God the RS7000 is a superb hardware sequencer /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=.
Mind you what do you Mo users care you’ve got support comming out of the preverbials from Yamaha and Keyfax.
We - well umm coughs get the option of a soft gig bag. LMAO /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif alt= (ahhhh sweet irony).
I will remind myself in my next life that my professionalism as a composer/electronic artist is only gauged by a)my chops ,b)my gear oh year and c)the gear that said manufacturer deems worthy of user attention.
Man I’ve got so many people onto the RS.
The user community is not very happy with the YAM at the MO(ment) that’s all I can say.
It’s like you’ve gone all Waldorf on us or summat /forums/images/icons/confused.gif alt=
PS: so how much will the ES be in Oz oh 8K easy I’d bet...but I’m not a gambling man (thank heavens).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 05:38 AM
bvogel
Joined  07-26-2002

You guys are tooooo much. Should Yamaha offer upgrade offers to everone who buys a Yamaha product. The RS, S90, and MoRack are all totally different products. Did top of the line Motif owners request a rebate when the S90 came out with a better Piano? Nope, cause they are different products. Did the Motif owner ask for a rebate when the MoRack was introduced with more poly and effect? Nope, because its a different product. You can not possible expect a manufucturer to provide rebates everytime a product is evolved. Yamaha owe you nothing you baught a product based on the spec as advertised. No bait and switch and no wrong doings. If the product does not do something you were expecting it to do. It is your fault for not researching it better not Yamahas. Brian

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 06:41 AM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

I would upgrade in a NY minute if I could get Motif ES

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2003 @ 05:51 AM
___
Joined  10-08-2002

What is this “The Silence of the Yam’s” /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt= .....lol
Seriously though, Mr.Mike Martin and Co. have left at least two of us RS7000 users in limbo for 2 days (not necessarily refering to contact on this forum board either) .
Yamaha dealership in Australia is just as helpful.
Some of US would like some answers regarding RS7000 question’s ,requests ,further update’s ...oh that’s right I need to reming myself WE DON’T FIT INTO the PRO-user PICTURE /forums/images/icons/confused.gif alt=.
PS: I am actually getting irrate for a reason.
PPS: FaX me when you have an answer /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2003 @ 06:22 AM
saxman28
Joined  08-14-2002

Brian,

if it were a matter of the user of a Motif keyboard to just change (swap) a few chips, everybody would take the upgrade IMHO.
How about a new mother board install - simple solution and I’d bet the profit margins and revenues would be higher..

I could be wrong of course..

Alan Russell

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2003 @ 07:03 AM
bvogel
Joined  07-26-2002

It is alot more then just a motherboard switch. There is no SCSI now they has 2 USB ports. The Frontpanel is a little different. The only thing you could keep is the keybed and Wheels. This is a fantastic offer from Yamaha. As I said, none of the other Big 3 have ever done anything like this. Although Alan, I’m with you, I can go the Softsynth/Sampler route which is much better. Brian

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2003 @ 07:26 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Re: What About Making it Simple

Let’s try to make this as simple as possible since it seems pretty easy for everyone to get confused.

If you purchased a Motif, RS7000, S90 or Motif rack at an authorized Yamaha dealer in the US, and purchase an Motif ES , you will get all the benefits of the ES upgrade incentive program.  That means you will be able to register on this site or at dealer and get an extra one year warranty on the piece you currently own ( starting from the date of your ES purchase), a one year extended warranty on your ES, recieve the extra content CDROMs, qualify for the Motif/Motif ES accessories discount program and be entered in the monthly giveaway drawings.

We sympathize with the people who just recently purchased an instrument and may have made other plans if they had known about ES.  However the ES will still not be available until October in stores.  If you imagine the effect that it has on your financial situation, multiply that times a very , very large number and you will be able to imagine the impact that the ES announcement will have on Yamaha’s Motif sales world wide.

As we have said before we think that 4 months notice on a new product is sufficient advance notice.

To answer the question about the RS7000, a major OS upgrade was already released and we do not anticipate any other major OS upgrades in the near future.  You should make any decisions based on this information.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2003 @ 07:31 AM
bvogel
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: What About Makig it Simple

Yamaha, have considered changing your name to Santa Claus? Make me kinda of wish I still had my Mo. NAAH, I love my P250. Although a ES6-7 would look/sound mighty fine next to my P250. :-) Brian

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2003 @ 07:34 AM
Synthesist
Total Posts:  134
Joined  05-28-2003

From Yamaha_US:
One , let’s say you own a Motif 6 and decide to “ upgrade” toa Motif ES, but don’t want to sell your Motif 6. Do you qulaify for the upgrade program. Absolutely, you would fill out the form and get the extended warranty on both your Motif 6 and your new Motif ES 8, you would get entered in the giveaway contest and get all the benefits of both sides of the upgrade program.

I was wondering about that, thanks for the straight forward explanation.
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2003 @ 09:14 AM
Latif
Joined  11-21-2002

Re: What About Making it Simple

Dear yamaha US
thank you for making it clear on what the
options are for RS7000 enhancement.
Now at least i can close that chapter for myself.

The only thing i don’t get is, ok you released a major OS update, so let’s say we forget about another major os update.
But for heaven sake please test a unit at your department as i’ve asked politetly to Yamaha distributor Germany and they confirmed the bug i (and many users) have complained about many times…
read message from Yamaha Germany:

1/>The parameters [SEND VAR TO DELAY] & [SEND VAR TO REVERB]
in ‘Variation Parameter’ settings are NOT style specific
as they’re supposed to be… meaning if i use one of these
parameters in style 1 the parameter will NOT be reset
(internally) to default position 000 (or to value programmed
in style) in style 2.
They will show up with the correct settings on screen but
internally they will sound to the last position they
were set to. ???!!!<
----------

I checked it and I think you are right.
It seems to be a bug.
I don't know if it not discovered.
But of course we will forward it to Japan,
if product manager confirms the bug.

-----------
2/>Another really essential (not bug) ‘must have’ for live use
is the [PATTERN QUANTIZE] parameter in System 1/4
this one must be able to be set to ‘STYLE LENGHT’
as quantize switch!
Please do something about this quickly i really need
these two things to be fixed for live usage of my RS<

-------------

I think this is a good feature request and I'ii forward it to product
manager of RS7000.

Bei weiteren Fragen wenden Sie sich bitte an die YAMAHA HOTLINE.
Sie erreichen uns in der Zeit von 9:00 - 17:00…
and then blablabla

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
YAMAHA MUSIC CENTRAL EUROPE GmbH

As you can read, one very obvious and anoying bug, and one very obvious and as much needed feature as was the case with nonstop rec/play editing…
So pleaseeeeeeeeeeee report this bug to Japan, and suggestion for the feature as mentioned.
I will stop hoping for ay other enhancements, which is actually a shame as i was intended to add another RS7K to my setup later this year.
But if further software enhancement is going to be stopped, then i might aswell wait for something new.
Never the less, ALWAYS enjoying my RS SEQUENCER, and indeed you folks should just hear what dedicated RS users are producing out of your box /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

ok moaning is over..
peace!

Latif
Netherlands - rocking it!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Upgrade Offer Should be Avaibable to Canadians
Next Topic:

.REX File support. ››