mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I have the good ideas"

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 12:51 PM
vlad
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-01-2003

Let me give you one Microsoft example. They do make upgrades and new OS.

My point is that we want Yamaha to support older equipment with not only OS upgrades but even with new and improved mother boards for Mo with SE capability. Sell it for us and we, as your permanent customers will buy those upgradeable parts that will fit into MO case.

Sell us new cases, or new SE face that will fit on to MO. is that that difficult for you.  Absolutely not.

Yamaha, I think I NEED TO BE PAYED by Yamaha for these brilliant ideas.

Have the same satisfied customer for a long time.

I’m ready to buy anything that will upgrade MO. (System board, Ram, faster processor, cables and connectors.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 12:53 PM
roostmusic
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: I have the good ideas

Try to install Windows XP on a Pentium 1 or 2 system...I dare you. You’d have to replace your computer to install XP...Thats why Yamaha is not offering an upgrade board...you’d have to replace everything shy of the sheet metal. doesn’t seem worth it to me...and probably didn’t to them either. would be nice if it were just a plug-in you could buy though.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 01:16 PM
vlad
Joined  08-01-2003

I agree, but wouldn’t it be good to have the System board replaced with new processor and then load new SE Operation system.

Can you imagine us trying to sell hundreds of MOTIFs to whom?

Who needed it, already bought it.

I want inexpacive upgrades and have my MO turned into monster SE.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 02:01 PM
Mike_Martin
Joined  01-10-2003

Its unfortunately not as easy as you’d think.  The new Motif ES operarting system simply won’t fit into a Motif’s flash memory.  The OS is going to look for physical things such as the waveform ROM, the effects engine which would also be missing. 

Even if you transplanted all the “insides” of a Motif ES into a Motif chasis, you’d still run into difficulties.  There are buttons on the Motif ES that don’t exist on the Motif.  The Motif has SCSI, the Motif ES has USB.  You’d have to re-write the entire OS to address all the physical differences.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ When will it be available?
Next Topic:

Will Yamaha ’ES’ the RS7000? ››