mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Please wait a second…"

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 11:27 AM
Ted
Total Posts:  0
Joined  09-24-2003

No one even mentioned anything about being able to read any type of files from different type of keyboards on ES. I haven’t read the manual yet, but I’m defiantly looking for that first.

Sounds, and more space for sounds do not impress me event they sound better than old MO and ES has doubled the space. We can keep our sounds on computer and load them if we need them. Or we can buy CDs with new sounds or drum patterns.

I am looking for more flexibility with OS like upgrading MO to ES Operation System specifically designed for MO processor, RAM, and Space.

MO & MO ES are both computers and can be upgraded with any sounds. And believe me or not we can have ES’ OS upgraded on old MO. This is not difficult thing to do.

Another thing that Yamaha can combine together any type of YAMAHA keyboards’ OS’ as you wish. For developers it is just a sec. to do.

Even that would much nicer machine if Yamaha combines MO with 9000PRO arranger, which is discontinued now because it was very expansive to sell.

Everyone, please give you comments !!!!

PLEASE DO NOT WASTE MONEY on the new ES. Just be patient and wait!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 12:51 PM
Coowallsky
Total Posts:  1004
Joined  06-18-2003

Re: Please wait a second...

In a word........Huh?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 01:00 PM
Ted
Joined  09-24-2003

Coowallsky,

I am sure that MO & SE are computers and easy for upgrades and any changes. Don’t you believe it?

Ted

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 01:46 PM
___
Joined  10-08-2002

Be patient and wait for what?  A software upgrade that will give us 512 MB of RAM and 8 inserts?  Is this software upgrade going to give us a ribbon controller too?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 01:53 PM
supermanrulez
Joined  01-30-2003

Ted,

Your preaching to the Choir.  The Motif ES can read all the Motif files and user created sounds.

Chris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 02:13 PM
Ted
Joined  09-24-2003

Chris,

I think you did understand the very first sentence in my comments, I meant any type of Yamaha keyboards not just MO.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 04:04 PM
Coowallsky
Joined  06-18-2003

“I am sure that MO & SE are computers and easy for upgrades and any changes. Don’t you believe it?”

No.  I don’t.

As has been discussed in this forum, there are simply too many hardware differences to enable OS’s to be interchangeable...and particularly between different platforms.
Address range, memory paging, signal routing, bus width, CPU register layout, strobe timing, ROM (firmware) differences (size & access), different effects chips, DSP’s, A/D’s & D/A’s, support chips, etc.

Hardware design by nature generally dictates and/or precludes what the OS can & can’t do.

Now if it is your assertion that Yamaha can design & manufacture mother & daughter board replacements to implement the changes you desire, what is the cost/benefits ratio for Yamaha?  How large of a pool of customers can they be absolutely sure will upgrade to the newer hardware/firmware once it’s been manufactured?  How much are you willing to pay for these modifications?  Enough for Yamaha to see a return on investment?

As someone posted elsewhere, try to install Windows XP on a Pentium II computer.
Perhaps I still don’t get the jist of your post.

Craig

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 08:57 PM
Jimstang
Total Posts:  2431
Joined  07-25-2002

I want to wave a magic wand and turn my Motif into a Motif ES. 

Maybe after that I will go upgrade My Honda civic into a BMW.

OK I’m done laughing now.

Jim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 10:26 AM
Coowallsky
Joined  06-18-2003

Couldn’t agree more, Jim.

“There’s no future in Time Travel.”

Craig

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Compatibility with Logic Control and Logic 5.5(PC)
Next Topic:

When will it be available? ››