mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOTIF XS8 and Logic"

Posted on: October 25, 2008 @ 05:17 PM
TarasVWZ
Total Posts:  13
Joined  10-25-2008

My first post here.

Midi via USB, can anyone tell me how to get Logic 8.0.2, to “see” the patches and performances in the XS8 ?  Is this even possible.

Taras

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2008 @ 03:35 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Re: MOTIF XS8 and Logic

Does your XS 8 still have the factory voices or have you modified the User Banks?

If you haven’t, download the Environment from here: MOTIF XS 8 ENVIRONMENT and open it as a logic song. Once you’ve adapted it for your needs, save it as a template…

In your external instrument track, double-click on the icon to the left of the track header and it will open a window containing the patch names.

You can change banks from there. You can also change patch names from the Inspector window…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2008 @ 05:15 PM
TarasVWZ
Total Posts:  13
Joined  10-25-2008

Hey thanks!

That got me places I’ve never been before. ;>) Still wondering how one can record the arp’d sequences of the Motif Performances onto individual midi channels with the event data intact.

I notice there is an editor/librarian on Motifator. D/l’d that but . . . . well, it’s daunting at this point. I’ve seen where this question was asked some time ago. Don’t know if it was answered.

Again, many thanks for the help.

Taras

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 02:50 PM
dream2u2@yahoo.com
Total Posts:  35
Joined  12-30-2008

will that download also work for logic 7.2???...as per the question of arps...i found out it will only transmit the midi note data of the arp u r using..so what u hear on the xs..u will hear on the playback to the xs as a sound module or software instruments in logic..

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ HERE’S A LOGIC 8, MLAN, XS TUTORIAL
Next Topic:

S90 ES with Logic 8 ››