mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Changing insert effects in MulitMode from Rack"

Posted on: October 23, 2008 @ 02:46 PM
colonyrecords
Total Posts:  39
Joined  10-23-2008

Something I find very annoying is the fact that we cant change the insert effects of a part from the motif rack itself in multimode, (unless i dont know something). It seems you can only do this from the editor but the whole point of me wanting a rack module was to not use a computer otherwise I would be using VSTs.  Its not just the insert effect but many other things such as elements etc…

Am i alone one this, if inserts can be change in the editor why cant it be change on the rack. Seems to limit the racks usefulness when not beside a PC. Maybe this can be added in an update....

I know we can change insert effects in voice mode but having to switch back and forth between voice and multi mode just to do this is not fun…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2008 @ 06:01 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Re: Changing insert effects in MulitMode from Rack

You can turn them on and off, but you cannot change voice inserts in multi mode from the Rack itself. You can change them directly from the Rack in Voice mode.

The reality is that it’s a computerized world out there, and more and more, things are being optimized for integrated use. I don’t disagree that it would be a useful enhancement, but the Keyboard version may be better suited to your needs as it is more of a self-contained, less computer dependant solution.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2008 @ 09:23 AM
colonyrecords
Total Posts:  39
Joined  10-23-2008

Thanks for the reply…

Do you think it would be hard to implement something that the rack can do (using the editor granted) into the options on the rack itself?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2008 @ 10:52 AM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

That’s a question for Yamaha. For what it’s worth, it’s my experience that marketing and engineering usually push for more features and functionality while the finance department will always believe that just a power button is enough.

Anything is possible, but post design changes like that are not likely, especially considering they are already months past the projected August release date for the new editors.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Controling element volumes from midi controler.
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››