mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Question for Yamaha"

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 08:44 AM
andym
Total Posts:  0
Joined  04-21-2003

I would be interested in trying to sell my Motif 7 to get a Motif ES 7. Who wouldn’t!? My question is concering the upgrade. I read the information about Yamah helping Motif owners find buyers for their Mo’s. If I was able to find a buyer for my Motif 7 on my own, (not filling out the form that Yamaha uses to find a buyer for my Motif) would both the buyer of my keyboard and I, the buyer of a Motif ES 7, be able to get the extended warranties and other goodies from Yamaha?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 09:36 AM
Mike_Martin
Joined  01-10-2003

Re: Question for Yamaha

Andym,
The form is neccessary in order for you and the buyer of the used Motif to receive the “goodies”....otherwise how would we know where to send them.  In addition this confirms that the buyer of the new Motif ES was indeed an owner of a Motif that was upgrading, not just a user buying their first Yamaha product.  Its customer loyalty that we’re trying to reward.

-Mike Martin
Yamaha US

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 10:00 AM
ProgressiveD
Joined  02-21-2003

Does the form help me find a buyer for my old Motif, or is-it just to register for the free goodies ?
That would be interesting to see someone else sell my synth for me…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 10:19 AM
Mike_Martin
Joined  01-10-2003

Keyfax will be providing a service here at Motifator.com to help list used products for sale. 

-Mike Martin
Yamaha US

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 10:45 AM
Dawntreader
Joined  05-16-2003

Great news!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 02:45 PM
CharlyT
Joined  08-26-2002

This is going to get interesting here around October. I have decided I will definately be doing the upgrade when the ES’s hit the stores. And I’m sure a lot of other folks here have already made this decision.

There is going to be a lot of used Motif 6/7/8’s out there and it will be interesting to see what we actually get for these. That is - if after we sell them, simply coming up with another $700 will actually get us our new keyboard?

Or.... what if I just take my Motif 8 to Guitar Center where I bought it. I wonder what kinda deal they will be able to do for a straight trade up.

Just some out-loud thinking,
CharlyT

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 02:56 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

We plan on putting together some ideas of the different options you have in selling your Motif. 

We are going to try to what we can to help people in selling their Motifs if they want to upgrade , but essentially we are not directly involved in the transactions.

You can trade in your Motif at a store and still qualify for the upgrade goodies and contest.  This is the quickest and easiest way, but unfortunately it is probably the one that will get you the least amount of money.  The store will want to resell your Motif for the going market rate for used Motif and so will give you less than you could get if you sold directly to another end user.

Selling to someone you know locally or via the web will get you the most for Motif, but you need to do a little work advertising it , etc.

[ Ignore ]