mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "FOOT CONTROLLER MIDI with MSB and LSB (17 in max)"

Posted on: October 21, 2008 @ 04:57 AM
killerisme
Total Posts:  24
Joined  10-19-2008

Hello again, I was looking for a foot controller to play live and change the voice preset in my Motif Rack ES… so it has to have these features:

- sending program changes
- sending control changes CC 00 and CC 23 (MSB and LSB) to surf between banks and mode (voice, perf, multi)
- having all these three messages changed together when i press one preset of the foot controller, and of course store the values.

There are many foot controller around, but most of them are built for guitarist, so they don’t have the control change function… i found only two products that can do what i want:

Behringer FCB1010
Roland FC-300

The real problem is that i need to pack the foot controller in the same 4-unit rack where my ES is, so it cannot be wider than 43 cm / 17 inches. Both the two models Behringer and Roland are much wider.

Does anybody know a good foot controller with all these characteristics? Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2008 @ 08:18 AM
Derek Cook
Total Posts:  249
Joined  12-31-2005

Re: FOOT CONTROLLER MIDI with MSB and LSB (17 in max)

Hi, Why do you need to pack the controller in the same rack unit as the ES? It seems a strange constraint for a foot controller!

Size not withstanding, I can say that the FC300 I own is an excellent piece of kit, and I’d be lost without it. I carry mine about in a gatorcase soft bag.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2008 @ 08:32 AM
killerisme
Total Posts:  24
Joined  10-19-2008

Re: FOOT CONTROLLER MIDI with MSB and LSB (17 in max)

Hehe it’s just a “whim"… i got several bands and i go to concerts or practice almost every day, i keep on moving my instruments so i just don’ t want another bag to carry /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=
And after all, i don’t “need” a foot controller (if i can remember the preset number and bend down to change it on the rack), so it’s just a way to get my life simpler, and i’m looking for something 100 % simpler...that’s all /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=.

[ Ignore ]