mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Difference between upgrading old & buying new."

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 07:55 AM
OLDFART
Total Posts:  284
Joined  06-29-2003

Outside of the obvious ribbon controller, what will i be missing out on if i just upgrade my old MO, I know what i will get with my upgrade to old, and all the bell/whistle of new ES, But please give me the cold hard facts of the differents and disadvantages of just upgrading as aposed to buying new ES. I need this information in order to make my choice

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 08:03 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Re: Difference between upgrading old & buying new.

You can not upgrade your current Motif to a Motif ES.

The upgrade program is markeing program to help you sell your Motif for the most amount of money possible and the use that money to buy a new Motif .  We wish there to upgrade the current Motif to an ES, but the core chip set , memory architecture and all the hardware ( never mind the software) is completely different.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 08:42 AM
OLDFART
Total Posts:  284
Joined  06-29-2003

Re: Difference between upgrading old & buying new.

Ouch, i guess it was a pretty late night when i read all of this stuff, Anybody know what a fair price for MO-8 {64meg}w/pianoPLG and would sell for after ES release?, also how much for new ES-8 out the door at Guitar Center?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOTIF ES QUESTIONS
Next Topic:

What are we going to be missing? ››