mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Experiences selling on Ebay"

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 07:26 AM
Dawntreader
Total Posts:  0
Joined  05-16-2003

I’ve never used Ebay. Could some of you provide some background on experiences and how the process worked.

Is it better than trying to sell in the local paper?

Do you think there are advantages to selling ( Motif 8) now rather than later?

Thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 07:38 AM
ProgressiveD
Joined  02-21-2003

Re: Experiences selling on Ebay

I never sold music instruments on eBay, but never had any problems with any of my transactions.

If you want to upgrade to the EX and can live until oct-nov without a Motif, I guess it would be the time now to sell your Mo 8, since synths lose a lots of value with the time, even more when the new model will come out.

I would try selling it via the newspapers first though. If nothing happens afetr one week, try eBay.

Good luck.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 09:17 AM
Jimstang
Total Posts:  2431
Joined  07-25-2002

I have sold many things through Ebay.

Here are some sugestions,

1. Make sure that your add that you will not exept bids from people with less then 10 Feedback and only posative feedback.

2.  Allow only US bidders (as long as you are in the US).

3.  Make sure the check or what ever clears and then wait a few days before shipping if you are worried at all obout the payment.

4. Always check their feedback to make sure the person bidding is reputable.

5. Check shipping charges first, (call and ask how much to ship whatever weight your motif is (the three are different) and make sure you put a fixxed shipping price in your add so people know what shiooing is before they bid.

6. Put up the action at 5-9 PM any night for 5 or 7 days SO THAT IT CLOSED SUNDAY EVENING. So for instance if you post the auction on Tues evening, for 5 days it will close at the same time on sunday evening.  Most people are home on Sunday evening and it’s a busy time online.  The more people there at the close of your auction the better your prive will be.

7. Make sure you upgrade the pictures and put up super size Pics and lots of them.

8. Try to sell a few small things or buy a few small things right away so that you have positive feed back as well.  that will make buyers more comfortable with you.

Any other question fee free to ask.

Jim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 09:32 AM
bvogel
Joined  07-26-2002

I’ve sold several things myself with total success. So I’ll add to Jim’s list. Brian

1. Paypal is real handy but don’t upgrade your paypal account to accept Credit card as you will incure a fee for a transaction. Instead of checking the PapPal excepted box when creating your auction, use the information section to tell them you will take paypal but not credit cards only bank transfers. Paypal charges ATMs just like credit cards. But a bank transfer is FREE. FREE means more profit to you.

2. If you have a Reserve set you will find people will email you asking what it is. I don’t tell them, I let the bidding unfold the unknown Reserve. Remember that is YOUR bottom line not thiers. 

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 10:30 AM
jeffoest
Joined  07-27-2002

I’m printing this thread for future use!

Terrific advise Jim and BVogal!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 10:44 AM
Dawntreader
Joined  05-16-2003

Thanks everyone!

Now if I had any sense I would stop chasing the dog (better piano sounds) and save up for a baby grand instead!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 10:49 AM
bvogel
Joined  07-26-2002

Or a P250. Brian

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 01:55 PM
___
Joined  10-08-2002

NEVER USE PAYPAL

Never use Paypal to accept payment unless you read all the fine print.  NEVER ship something that was paid for by Paypal to an address that is not confirmed by Paypal, unless you just don’t want that money. 

All somebody has to do is pay you, receive the item, then call Paypal and ask for their money back.  Voila!  They get it back and it’s up to you to prove that they are lying.  If you have a proof of delivery to some address that Paypal hasn’t verified, they will just say “sorry,” and that’s if you’re lucky.  Much easier to just make them send a check or money order.

That’s just the beginning.  For more info, check out [url=http://www.paypalsucks.com]http://www.paypalsucks.com. [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2003 @ 03:21 PM
bvogel
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: NEVER USE PAYPAL

Please don’t muddy the water. Here is how it works. A buyer transfer money from their bank account to thier Paypal account. Then the buyer transfers the money from their PayPal account to the sellars Paypal account. The sellar then accepts the buyers money and transfer the money from their Paypal account to their bank account. Once the money is in your bank account Paypal can NOT remove it. After the money is in your bank account you can ship the buyer their product. This is solid and does not cost you a dime. Brian

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 08:12 AM
jiffyfeet
Joined  11-27-2002

Paypal is horrible.  I have heard a million stories of people getting screwed and lost $200 myself on a transaction about 18 months ago.

eBay rules, though.  I have sold many things through eBay and have never had any problems at all.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 05:39 PM
Sempai
Joined  07-27-2002

I have used Ebay for many transactions (40+) and have only minor “war stories” to tell.  I even bought my Mo 7 on Ebay and have not regretted it at all.

Given the threads on the new Mo ES, I may wind up using Ebay to sell my Mo 7 too!  /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

As you can tell, I’m very comfortable with Ebay.

Sempai

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ A word about the upgrade offer.
Next Topic:

MOTIF ES QUESTIONS ››