mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Transfer Voices and Performaces from ES7 to RACK-ES"

Posted on: October 19, 2008 @ 12:31 PM
richmosar
Total Posts:  21
Joined  11-18-2005

I’m a long time owner of an ES7 and a new owner of an ES-RACK.

Is there anyway to transfer the voices from the User banks and the performances of my ES7 to my ES-RACK without using a computer? 

I’ve tried using my computer to connect to the ES7 for the first time and cannot get the midi connections working correctly on my PC.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2008 @ 03:37 PM
killerisme
Total Posts:  24
Joined  10-19-2008

Re: Transfer Voices and Performaces from ES7 to RACK-ES

I don’t know if this can be useful, but have you connected it via MIDI or via USB ? In case, try to correct the setting in UTILITY > MIDI > MIDI IN/OUT and choose between MIDI or USB. This works on the Rack ES but i don’t own an ES7.

If still doesn’t work with your PC, the manual say you should do a BULK DUMP, it’s explained at page 48 in the italian manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2008 @ 04:17 PM
richmosar
Joined  11-18-2005

I set the Midi IN/OUT to USB on the RACK and I was able to transfer the voices from the rack to the Voice Editor successfully.  However on the ES7 even after setting the Midi IN/OUT on the ES7 to USB, I still receive a Bulk Data Timeout Error! and cannot transfer it’s voices to the Voice Editor.

I bought one of the first ES7s immediately after they came out in 2003.  I’m wondering if there’s something wrong with the first generation OS?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2008 @ 04:22 PM
richmosar
Joined  11-18-2005

I think I found the problem.  I needed to set the Mode to VOICE on the ES7 and was finally able to get it to transfer the voices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2008 @ 05:33 AM
killerisme
Total Posts:  24
Joined  10-19-2008

OK I’m glad you solve the problem.

I’m just wondering if you can BULK DUMP directly from Rack ES to ES7 or vice versa, just with a MIDI cable and not with a PC… do you think this will work?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2008 @ 05:05 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I’m just wondering if you can BULK DUMP directly from Rack ES to ES7 or vice versa, just with a MIDI cable and not with a PC… do you think this will work?

Yes, it will. The Motif Rack ES and the Motif ES are very similar and share System Exclusive IDs. So dumping from one to the other will be no problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Pitch change when i record
Next Topic:

FOOT CONTROLLER MIDI with MSB and LSB (17 in max) ››