mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pitch initial state"

Posted on: October 17, 2008 @ 05:38 PM
Metheny
Total Posts:  142
Joined  12-02-2005

Hi,

I’m using the Motif ES 6.
I have a song, in which one the parts has a voice for which the foot controller (FC1) is set to increase the pitch by a cerain amount (PCH-Crs +3). This controller was set using the “Voice edit” option in song mode, if it makes any difference.

My problem is that, when I switch to that part, the initial pitch of the voice is already +3, which forces me to quickly push back and forth the FC in order to lower the pitch back to its base value.
Is there a way to make the initial pitch of the voice in that part to be the base pitch, i.e. when I switch to the part the pitch value will be without the +3 addition?

I hope it was clear.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2008 @ 11:50 PM
Metheny
Joined  12-02-2005

Re: Pitch initial state

Any chance anyone could help here?
I need it for a show in 2 days.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2008 @ 02:24 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Check this:
Go to Utility mode, press [F1] General, than [SF4] Other and
set CtrlReset (Controller reset) to hold. See Owner’s manual page 261 for detail states of all controllers while CtrlReset is set to reset.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2008 @ 01:33 AM
Metheny
Joined  12-02-2005

Thanks for you reply.

However, after changing it to “hold” it still behaves the same way for some reason. According to the manual it really should have worked.
Although I find it hard to believe, maybe it has to do with the fact that these are mixing voices (editted in song mode)?

Any ideas?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2008 @ 02:31 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

No, what you’ve got now (and what you did not want) is HOLD.

I don’t understand this either.
Wait for BM, BW or DP to come along.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2008 @ 03:44 AM
Metheny
Joined  12-02-2005

Actually, it was indeed set to “reset”, and I did change it to “hold”, but I didn’t notice any difference in the behavior.

It says:

“… When this is set to “reset”, the controllers are reset to the default states”.

And then it says that the default state of the Foot Controller is “Maximum”.

So this seems to describe the problem I have. It always resets to the maximum value (pitch +3).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2008 @ 09:31 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry, but it is not clear what you want to accomplish - and it may not be accomplishable using the pedal… because it is not clear what you want to happen.

When you call up the Voice how do you want it tuned?

MIDI provides for certain things to happen when a program is recalled - these include things like reset all controllers… This will automatically return MW (typically used for Pitch modulation depth) to 0 (minimum) so that every sound does not automatically warble because you left the wheel up, it also provides that Foot Controllers go to maximum typically so that a sound starts in the ON state.

However, synthesizers can have a parameter that allows you to override that situation - enter the parameter CONTROLLER RESET… When set to RESET what the founding fathers of MIDI intended will take place.

When set to HOLD, the MW, if left up, will warble right into the next Voice - if the Foot Controller is at minimum then your Voice will start with the pitch lowered.

But no matter which way you set the RESET parameter, if the pedal is toe-down, the pitch will be tuned up

So it begs the question: When you call up the Voice how do you want it tuned? Tune the Voice that way…

I’m not sure - let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2008 @ 01:46 PM
Metheny
Joined  12-02-2005

“When set to HOLD ... if the Foot Controller is at minimum then your Voice will start with the pitch lowered.”

This is what I want.

However, after I changed to HOLD, it still operates as if it is set to RESET.

I have the following scenario:
I have in song 23, part 4 the voice with the Foot Controller which is set to control the pitch.

Both in RESET & HOLD mode, the following happens:
1) I’m in song 22, and the Foot Controller is at minimum.
2) I change to song 23, part 4.
Result: the pitch is at Maximum (I want it to be at the minimum at this point, and I expected it to happen in HOLD mode).

So where is the difference here between HOLD and RESET ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 09, 2008 @ 03:10 PM
Metheny
Joined  12-02-2005

Anyone? Please?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ ES6 Store function
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››