mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Missing Sample Wave"

Posted on: October 14, 2008 @ 10:37 AM
nofleasonmykeys
Total Posts:  9
Joined  10-14-2008

I recently created a song which contained sampled vocal parts, all of which are on part 9.  The vocal parts consist of three separate samples, verses one, two and three.  For some reason, I am unable to locate verse 2.  I went through the sampled waves and eliminated all but the ones actually used in the song, auditioning each one to make sure that what I was erasing was extraneous.  Anyway, I ended up with 2 waves.  Verses 1 and 3.  No wave for verse 2.  But the song still plays with verse 2 intact.  So the wave for verse 2 must exist somewhere. 

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2008 @ 07:34 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Missing Sample Wave

Each Waveform in your (Motif, Motif ES or Motif XS) can contain as many as 128 samples. Remember there are 128 MIDI notes (C-2 through G8) in any Waveform - each can contain a different sample.

Not having information about how you sampled the data, we can only suggest you look at the different “KEY BANKS” within your WAVEFORM… typically the first sample is mapped to C3 (middle “C") of course the second sample might be on C#3, or D3 or any other KEY BANK (C-2 through G8)
You can press [EDIT] from the main SONG screen to view the EVENT LIST… Each sampled audio clip will have a note-on event that tells it when to play. The note will be identified on the EVENT LIST - so you should be able to quickly find where it is hiding…

Hope that helps in your search.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2008 @ 10:36 AM
nofleasonmykeys
Total Posts:  9
Joined  10-14-2008

A couple of the menus have “audition” as an option, but when I use this function the ES plays only the aformentioned sample data for verse 1 and 3. 

nofleasonmykeys (from work)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2008 @ 08:50 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry we simply do not have enough information.

[ Ignore ]