mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Having weird problems with Motif ES"

Posted on: October 11, 2008 @ 08:07 AM
Enigmatic
Total Posts:  470
Joined  01-24-2007

This is so bizarre.  I really haven’t changed anything in the system, but for some reason, if i play a voice or performance, it behaves rather strangely now.

For example, if i play the Full Grand (PRE1:001), after few seconds of playing (10-15 seconds ) a strange effect kicks in (seem like chorus or flange...which you dont want in a solo piano.)

The other strange thing happens when i play a performance (User:001) Cyber Step.  It plays as expected, but after 30 seconds or so, the loops still keep on playing even if i remove my hands off the keyboard..(not the drums, but the other voices loops : cluster/step dance).

I am not sure if i’ve accidentally changed anything in my ES, and i’m positive i havent’ (not any global that i know off)

Any clue?  If not, i would rather perform a Factory reset.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2008 @ 08:13 AM
Enigmatic
Joined  01-24-2007

Re: Having weird problems with Motif ES

Just to give an update, i notice i may have set the chorus on the Full Grand voice.  However, it seems the value is fluctuating as if the ES is possessed.  It’s constantly jumping between 56-57.  I’m not even touching the knobs.

I set it back to zero (0), but it jumps back to 56 after 3-4 seconds.

Could it be any electrical interference or is it something simple to fix.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2008 @ 08:18 AM
Enigmatic
Joined  01-24-2007

Another update.  I’m glad i didnt’ do a factory reset. 

I have found the culprit.  The ES is connected to a UF 8 MIDI controller.  The problem disappeared as soon as i unplugged the midi cable. 

This is quite bizarre as this never happened before.  I may have accidentally pushed a button or turned a knob on the conroller.  i need to investigate futher…

tnx.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2008 @ 09:00 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Success.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2008 @ 10:53 AM
Enigmatic
Joined  01-24-2007

yeah.  for the time being, but i’ve yet to figure out the CME UF 80.  There is so little in the manual.  It seems the knbos/sliders of the MIDI controller conflicts with the ES controllers.  I need a way to disable the slider/knobs on the CME controller. 

Anyone try the new Yamaha KX8 MIDI controller.  It seems so much lighter for sure… /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif alt=

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/0/9/6/552096.jpg

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Hammer sound on strings
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››