mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "midi configurations"

Posted on: October 11, 2008 @ 03:07 AM
claudio
Total Posts:  22
Joined  11-20-2005

Could somenone please write me step by step the midi configuration to connect Motif classic and a motif rack xs? 

First step, of course is motif rack xs midi in - motif classic midi out. And then…

I will thank you for all my life!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2008 @ 06:01 AM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Re: midi configurations

And then what? We need some more information. What other hardware do you have that you’d like to connect, and what else would you like to accomplish?

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2008 @ 12:24 PM
claudio
Joined  11-20-2005

Hi bob!
The hardware it’s just a motif classic 7 and the motif rack xs. I want play the rack with motif. Which system settings have i to do both in motif classic and in motif rack in order to do that?
I would like to know in rack voice mode and in rack multi mode.

Hope it’s clearer
thanks
claudio

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2008 @ 02:36 PM
claudio
Joined  11-20-2005

1. Just played motif rack xs in motif classic song mode. I assigned a receive channel of the rack but i can hear the corresponding motif classic channel too. In Utility i swicth off the local ctrl to avoide that. But how can i hear only the rack sound without swicthing off the motif classic? Hope the solution is not mute the motif c. channel..
2. How can i control the rack with motif classic knobs?

3. Is there a tutorial to learn how to control motif xs rack in performance or master motif classic mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2008 @ 06:38 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Hi Claudio,

With your Motif set up as it is from the factory, it will transmit on midi channel 1 in Voice mode.  In utility mode, you need the Motif set to MIDI (not USB), and the Rack XS set to MIDI (not USB). Then using a midi cable, the Rack XS in Voice mode will receive on channel 1 as well. If you only want to hear the sounds of the Rack XS and not the Motif, then simply turn the volume to zero on the Motif.

You will need to understand the Motif’s Master Mode. Check out this tutorial: [url=http://files.keyfax.com/download/MotifMaster1_7.pdf]http://files.keyfax.com/download/MotifMaster1_7.pdf [/url]

You will probably want to control the Rack XS from Master Mode most of the time so you can control the Arps and articulations present on many of the string related voices.

In pattern or song mode you will be able to address the Rack XS as a 16 part sound module.

This should help to get you started.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Keyboard Split
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››