mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How do I fix my bad outputs on the Classic?"

Posted on: October 03, 2008 @ 02:46 PM
Justbleazy
Total Posts:  24
Joined  11-14-2007

I’ve done some troubleshooting and I’ve discovered that my L and R outputs are causing a horrible hum in studio.

When trying to record into Pro Tools, I un-plugged the cables from the L/R outputs and put one of them into the Phones input and wa la.....no buzz, hum or anything besides my music.

Are there any videos on youtube showing people sfixing this problem? I’ve spent $150 already on equipment thats suppose to take care of this searing white noise. I thought it was from this ground looping issue but its the Motif.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2008 @ 08:39 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: How do I fix my bad outputs on the Classic?

Mate, are you connecting to a laptop via a USB connection?

There were issues with laptop power supplies causing horrendous noise. Temporary noise free fix is to run on batteries - not possible for long though!!

More info may lead to an effective solution less radical than Motif surgery /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2008 @ 10:15 AM
Justbleazy
Joined  11-14-2007

Oh....actually its a PC plugged into the wall. I’m going to try another PC to test everything on. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2008 @ 08:31 AM
mja2116
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-21-2008

I’m experiencing the problem with the USB hum while connected to my laptop.  Are there really no fixes for this, other than using battery power?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2008 @ 07:48 AM
warble
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-17-2004

I’ve got a classic and was getting a hum on the outs until I ran the outputs into an Ebtech hum eliminator box. Solved the problem for me.

This type of issue is usually attributed to AC/ground issues. You may have something else going on, but thought I’d add my 2 cents.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2008 @ 04:02 PM
Justbleazy
Joined  11-14-2007

Really? I’ve noticed I get this buzzing noise in the back even when my Motif is off but I’ll try that “direct box” thing. I was seriously thinking about buying a new laptop just to end that humming/buzzing noise.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ chord arpeggios
Next Topic:

Brad’s List: TOP MOTIF/MOTIF ES FORUM QUESTIONS ››