mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No add devices in my Studio Manager."

Posted on: October 03, 2008 @ 06:16 AM
iloveu
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-20-2007

Once again I seek your assistance.  I recently purchased a Mac 10.5 and is having problems bringing my Motif8 over.  I have no “add devices” in my SM.
I have the audio/midi setup.  Yamaha USB midi driver in place.  Now when I go into --application--yamaha--SM--there’s 2 items, lib (folder) and SM2 icon.
I open the SM2 and the “add device” box is empty.  The midi setting has only the Yamaha Motif8 port 1-3 checked for ins and outs.  The perferences has the box checked for Automatically..... When I close the “Setup for untiled 1”
window a nother window appears “Untiled 1 Yamaha Studio Manager” empty.
All is comming together with Cubase SE.  The midi device manager shows the Korg Smk2 as installed device. Device Setup shows all midi inputs ...
Motif8 port 1-3 as all active.  And I see activities when using the drum machine and Motif8.  The Cd that came w/Motif8 only works with Mac classic 9.0 and not this 10.5.  I hope my other equipments will be easier....XP to Mac.
Once again thanking you in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 03, 2008 @ 10:16 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: No add devices in my Studio Manager.

Unfortunately, there is no Macintosh compatible Motif Editor for the Motif ‘Classic’ - it predates the enter Studio Manager 2 protocol. Compatibility for Studio Manager 2 started the following year 2002 with the Motif-Rack… and only current items work with Mac OS 10.5

for information on all compatible devices please visit:
[url=http://www.studioconnections.org/download/index.html]http://www.studioconnections.org/download/index.html [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 03, 2008 @ 03:27 PM
iloveu
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-20-2007

Re: No add devices in my Studio Manager.

Thank you for your quick response. It was not what I expected.  Maybe I
should have done my homework.  However, since this MacBook runs
both Windows and Mac I’ll have to put the Motif8 in Win XP.  It just takes away from this whole Mac doing or being better for music I’ve been hearing of.
Please, if you know of another way I could accomplish this, would you let me know.  Again, thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ effect explanation?
Next Topic:

Brad’s List: TOP MOTIF/MOTIF ES FORUM QUESTIONS ››