mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ES connection with Sonar"

Posted on: October 03, 2008 @ 12:45 AM
JimmyD1501
Total Posts:  23
Joined  12-07-2007

Hi All,

Having a problem that I hope somebody can help me with.
I have connected the ES to Sonar Producer 7 ok and have invested in the Mix File Editor software from the Motifator website.

Problem is when I change the voices on the Mix File Editor it changes the voices on the Motif as is expected but does not change the voices shown on the Sonar track. Therefore when I save the midi file again when I open it I have to again open the Mix File Editor and load the voices in again but again the voices in Sonar tracks stay as the old voices.

The reason I want to change the voices on the midi file is that I use a stand alone midi player with lyric features used in live performances.

Does anybody know if voices in Motif ES can be sent in some format from it to Sonar and update the voices in the midi file before I save it.

I can as you may tell me change the voices in the Sonar tracks within Sonar but the Mix File Editor is a much easier set of screens to find the ES voices in.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Jim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2008 @ 08:26 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: ES connection with Sonar

Not really sure how Sonar is aware of what Voices are being used… if the data is in the track information that data will always override any changes you make before you start…

But anyway to answer you question you can bulk dump the MIX from the Motif ES to Sonar as follows:
Press [MIXING]
Press [JOB]
Press [F4] BULK
Press [ENTER]
Press [YES]

This will send all the current settings of the mix out as a system exclusive package… I know Sonar has a SYSX recorder that can be referenced and return the mix out via MIDI when you initially open the file.

But as mentioned if there is Program Change information in the track data, once you start playback it will override anything you do prior to pressing play.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Transferral of Song/Pattern data from USB stick
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››