mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Editing…"

Posted on: September 29, 2008 @ 01:40 PM
SIXXDOGG
Total Posts:  132
Joined  11-11-2003

Good evening everyone...I hope all is well with all of you.
I have 2 questions....and I thank you in advance for all the help over the years.

#1.  If I have a sound in voice mode...and I would like to split it...what is the easiest way.

#2.  On my older Korg 01wfd, I am able to use a sound...and if I hit the notes harder...I can get another sound to come out on top...IE:  Strings...then if I play REALLY HARD...get horn shots...along with the strings...(once again main string sound is in voice mode)

Thanks again 4 everything over the years…
LOVE MY NEW PLG 150AP BOARD!!!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2008 @ 01:40 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: Editing...

Re Q1 - not sure what you mean by ‘split it’ - do you mean having two voices one above a certain key and a different one below? If so then the answer is a definite YES in performance mode where you can specify a key range. I’ve never tried this in voice mode so I don’t know if such a parameter exists.

Q2 Again, this is definitely doable in Performance mode where you can specify velocity switching for each voice.
I’m pretty positive that velocity switching can be done on a single voice. You have up to 4 elements in each voice and one could be set to be triggered above a certain velocity. You could even end up with a crazy voice where you have 4 elements triggered at different velocities.

If you want more specific help on ‘how’ you might want to repost your question up in the sounds or programming section of the forum, though the manula may also be quite useful on this.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 03, 2008 @ 05:18 PM
SIXXDOGG
Total Posts:  132
Joined  11-11-2003

Re: Editing...

Good evening and Tx for the reply!
Yes....for Q1...it was splitting....and in q2....thats exactly what I meant…

The manual I have to be honest confused me...so any help would be appreciated....
I will repost this in the area that you mentioned.!!
Have a great nite!
Nick

[ Ignore ]